Already have plus, got EDM edition, want to redeem w/o reinstalling

RobotNinja wrote on 3/11/2018, 4:29 AM

I already have MM plus. I just got EDM edition from the HB so unless there's any difference between it and plus then all I really want are the soundpool credits but there appears to be no way to obtain them without downloading and installing the EDM edition first.

Both MM Plus and the EDM edition are already registered to my account but according to the instructions from HB, I have to dl/install EDM before I get the soundpool credits added to my account. And...since the servers are being bombarded that's gonna take like a million hours.

Is that correct or am I missing something?

Comments

Larry98 wrote on 3/11/2018, 4:52 AM

There is only one version available which is 25.1.xx.xx. There is no difference whether you have free, plus, premium, EDM, trap, hip hop beat producer or 80s edition.
It is always the exact same program.
But when you activate a edition in the programm it will unlock the contents from the edition.
So after you activated the edm edition you will get additional 3 edm soundpool coupons and 1 instrument counpon.

You can also activate other editions like trap, hip hop beat produer, 80s or even older music maker versions (MX-2017)
More information can be found in my tutorial:
https://www.magix.info/de/tutorials/how-to-unlock-functions-instruments-soundpools-and-presets--1200673/

Last changed by Larry98 on 3/11/2018, 4:53 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

MAGIX Fan seit 2014.

Aktuelle Programme (jeweils neueste Version)
Video deluxe Premium, Video Pro X, VEGAS Pro Edit 15, Music Maker und Xara Designer Pro X.
Eine komplette Programmliste findest du in meinem Profil.

RobotNinja wrote on 3/11/2018, 5:07 AM

There is only one version available which is 25.1.xx.xx. There is no difference whether you have free, plus, premium, EDM, trap, hip hop beat producer or 80s edition.
It is always the exact same program.
But when you activate a edition in the programm it will unlock the contents from the edition.
So after you activated the edm edition you will get additional 3 edm soundpool coupons and 1 instrument counpon.

You can also activate other editions like trap, hip hop beat produer, 80s or even older music maker versions (MX-2017)
More information can be found in my tutorial:
https://www.magix.info/de/tutorials/how-to-unlock-functions-instruments-soundpools-and-presets--1200673/

Ah, so the problem is when I installed this (today) that it installed version 24. There is no activate edition option in the store in this version. So I just have to wait a year for it to update the program then. Thanks. :P

Larry98 wrote on 3/11/2018, 5:10 AM

Ah, so the problem is when I installed this (today) that it installed version 24. There is no activate edition option in the store in this version. So I just have to wait a year for it to update the program then. Thanks. :P

Do you own MAGIX Music Maker Plus(24)?
Than simple download the 25 version and activate the programm with the 2017 plus serial number and the edm serial number.
Most of the limits will be removed from the 25 version after you entered the 2017 serial number.
You can even download and install the instruments from 2017 in the version 25.
The only thing which you have to put manually in the current version are the soundpoools.

MAGIX Fan seit 2014.

Video deluxe Premium, Video Pro X, VEGAS Pro Edit 15, Music Maker und Xara Designer Pro X.

RobotNinja wrote on 3/11/2018, 5:21 AM

Do you own MAGIX Music Maker Plus(24)?
Than simple download the 25 version and activate the programm with the 2017 plus serial number and the edm serial number.
Most of the limits will be removed from the 25 version after you entered the 2017 serial number.
You can even download and install the instruments from 2017 in the version 25.
The only thing which you have to put manually in the current version are the soundpoools.

Yes, I have MM Plus 24. I installed it from the email link. The update is currently trudging along...

Larry98 wrote on 3/11/2018, 6:11 AM

Yes, I have MM Plus 24. I installed it from the email link. The update is currently trudging along...

Than download the newest version:
http://dl03.magix.net/musicmaker.exe and activate it using your 2017 serial number + the edm one.

MAGIX Fan seit 2014.

RobotNinja wrote on 3/11/2018, 6:22 AM

Than download the newest version:
http://dl03.magix.net/musicmaker.exe and activate it using your 2017 serial number + the edm one.

Oh good lord, you gotta be crapping me. After waiting an hour for that thing to update...it finally finished updating...to another version of 24. I gotta download 25 from scratch and reinstall everything. I'm *slightly* perturbed at this point. I figured that v24 would update to v25, not that I would have to download a completely different program.

Larry98 wrote on 3/11/2018, 6:28 AM

I figured that v24 would update to v25, not that I would have to download a completely different program.

Different version = different programm.
The good thing is that the v25 is the last version of the music maker. It has lifetime updates.

MAGIX Fan seit 2014.

browj2 wrote on 3/12/2018, 7:12 AM

For any of these new or different versions of MusicMaker, like EDM, do not install it if you already have MusicMaker 2018 (the latest patch is 25.1.2.78). Simply open the Activate screen and put in the serial number. This will activate whatever features that have been purchased in the EDM edition. After activating, go to the Store and apply whatever has a downwards arrow instead of a price. This will download and install whatever, instruments, for example.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Liam-NortcliffeBridgwater wrote on 8/15/2020, 3:05 PM

i think i might be in a similar boat to you i got some of the stuff for that humble bundle unlocked but i only got 2 soundpools for each edition when i should have got 3

emmrecs wrote on 8/15/2020, 3:16 PM

@Liam-NortcliffeBridgwater

Did you notice this thread was last posted to more than 2 years ago! Please do not resurrect old threads, but rather start a new thread with the full details of your computer, Magix software and the problems you are experiencing.

This thread will now be closed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam