Bad Crumb???

SGE wrote on 10/10/2019, 3:58 PM

Just installed SF 3 Mac. and all I get is a dialog box "Bad Crumb" Press OK and it closes the Program. Ideas?

Tech support is non-existent. The number 1.775.562.0528 rings for 5min and then rapid busy. The contact link at the bottom of this page brings you to an error page. Time to call American Express to get a refund if I don't hear back soon.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 10/11/2019, 3:00 AM

Hi there,

This issue seems to be one of many issues related to Catalina, and OS compatibility issues with legacy applications sadly resulting from this latest macOS iteration.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/macos-catalina-compatibility-issues-xml-32-bit

As discussed in the other thread, please get in touch with our dedicated SOUND FORGE support team, and they will see what they can do for you at this point in time:

http://support.magix.net

Cheers!

Rick-Stephenson wrote on 10/26/2019, 1:15 PM

Please don't leave your customers hanging out to dry.

Rick-Stephenson wrote on 10/26/2019, 1:18 PM

I contacted the support team and there is nothing they can do until the company updates Sound Forge so it can be used with OS Catalina. Ironically Magix sent email about new products to upgrade to but it doesn't support Catalina.

When can we expect your program to be compatible?

Thomas-Browning wrote on 11/1/2019, 10:32 PM

For heaven's sake, produce a patch or something. Catalina wasn't a surprise. Quality companies anticipate.

Thomas-Browning wrote on 11/1/2019, 10:33 PM
  • Bad crumb or just crummy.
SGE wrote on 11/2/2019, 12:33 AM

Here was the response I got and no, I bought just a couple weeks prior and if I wanted a different program I would have bought it. To their credit they did refund me. I miss Sony. Unreal.

"Thank you for writing us.  Unfortunately, your purchase of Sound Forge Pro Mac 3 is over two years old, and the program itself is no longer supported.  We would be happy to exchange this program for you, but a refund is not possible at this point.  If there is another program (like Vegas, Acid Pro) that you wish to have, we would be happy to set that up for you.  Thank you and have a great day."

I ended up getting Parallels and installing Windows 10 so I could use SF13 so the got my money anyway.

Thomas-Browning wrote on 11/7/2019, 2:47 PM

It took years from Magix to produce Sound Forge for Mac...months for it to go wrong...and now years again to fix.

Won't you come home Sony?