Regarding basic functionality in Video Pro X, I saw a forum post on this topic recently, but my concerns are somewhat different. It's not that I'm confused by the user interface; it's that I find the basic functionality is not very efficient. A lot of basic tasks are more difficult than they should be. In that respect, VPX is not professional, despite the "pro" in its name. I keep watching the update announcements for improvements in this regard, but all I see are fancy new features that I don't care about. So I've never bought an update, and I'm still using version 16.0.2.
For example, here are some specifics:
- On the timeline, when I copy and paste an object, it sometimes appears in an unexpected location. I would like to be able to paste a copied object onto a specific track at a specific location.
- It seems undo is not available for all operations, so sometimes when I press Ctrl-Z, unexpected things happen.
- The Timestretch feature is hard to control with my mouse. I wish numeric input were possible.
- Audio object volume is hard to control. I wish numeric input were possible.
- Keyframe operation is unreliable and inefficient, so I avoid using it.
- Coloring objects requires too many mouse clicks, so I avoid coloring objects.
- In the Effects tab, I wish the text input box were expandable, so that I could see more of the text I am entering or editing.
- [Edit: Ignore this point.] When I am typing text, I wish I could change the position and size of the text box without having to first go to the size / position area.
- I wish I could attach markers to objects, so if there is point of particular interest in the audio or video, I could keep track of its location, even if I move the object around.
- I wish I could apply a timestretch operation to several objects at once.
Have any of those features been fixed or added since version 16?