Crashes every five minutes literally

Brandon-Montoya wrote on 4/17/2024, 3:17 AM

It crashes every five minutes. It crashes if I start a song over. Sometimes I can't even recover saved songs. It crashes EVERY TIME I try to open a file by double clicking it without opening the software first. It crashes while play. While loading. While loading at it. While I'm breathing. Any day ending in "y." I wish I wasn't being silly about this I'm dead serious, this is extremely unstable software. I'm on a brand new notebook. And... this is extremely aggrivating and makes it hard to work. I'm regretting buying this software.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 4/17/2024, 4:23 AM

@Brandon-Montoya

Hi

. . . . I'm on a brand new notebook . . . .

We need more information on the Asus Notebook:

Computer specification, Windows version and the Acid version number, see this topic for what is required, and please quote processor and graphics card make/model in full.

Are you using OneDrive?

In Windows settings, Accessibilty, Text Cursor is the Text cursor indicator turned off, if not turn it off.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

SP. wrote on 4/17/2024, 4:38 AM

@Brandon-Montoya Are you using project folders which are synchronized with OneDrive? Maybe OneDrive interferes all the time in the background, causing Acid to crash.

Or are you using certain VST effects in your projects which are causing an instability?

Brandon-Montoya wrote on 4/17/2024, 5:41 AM

@Brandon-Montoya Are you using project folders which are synchronized with OneDrive? Maybe OneDrive interferes all the time in the background, causing Acid to crash.

Or are you using certain VST effects in your projects which are causing an instability?

No OneDrive at all, I don't use that feature, never activated it in any way shape or form.

I do use some VSTs, and there are things that make it more likely to happen. But i'm not messing with midi yet and most of my VST effects are the ones that came with Acid. I'll put my stats in the reply to the other person...

Brandon-Montoya wrote on 4/17/2024, 5:42 AM

@Brandon-Montoya

Hi

. . . . I'm on a brand new notebook . . . .

We need more information on the Asus Notebook:

Computer specification, Windows version and the Acid version number, see this topic for what is required, and please quote processor and graphics card make/model in full.

Are you using OneDrive?

In Windows settings, Accessibilty, Text Cursor is the Text cursor indicator turned off, if not turn it off.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Thank you for helping. I don't use OneDrive and never activated it at all.

Device name    (redacted)
Processor    12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1255U   1.70 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Device ID    (redacted just in case)
Product ID    00342-22235-49965-AAOEM
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

Mystery-Man wrote on 4/20/2024, 4:10 PM

@Brandon-Montoya I'm really sorry to have to tell you but it's time to move on to a new DAW, AP is a dead program and it won't be fixed. Sorry, mate.

JC-in-LA wrote on 4/22/2024, 3:10 PM

Hi Brandon, I had lots of issues with using VST's in the Acid Pro program and it kept crashing. I found out that Acid just does not play well with any VST's whatsoever. Someone else on this board suggested using Waves StudioRack (free download plugin chainer) to load any VST's within Acid. Now miraculously Acid is not crashing. So to sum up, Acid Pro is a **** program that cannot load any VST's without crashing. Now I load all my VST's using Waves StudioRack and Acid is working again!

Magix needs to fix Acid Pro. I shouldn't have to use another company's plugin chainer in order for VST's to work within Acid.