I've learned to be more informed before committing to anything, so I want to get a little more information about the Creative Suite before getting it. I still have my 15$ coupon for creating a Magix account and it's going to either go towards CS or to get unlimited tracks.
What I'd want to get CS for is the VST support.
Now, before I get it I would like to know:
1. Is there is any compatibility issues with common VSTs?
2. I notice it says VST3 and higher. Does that mean than that VST2s will not work? Or that they may work, but not optimally?
3. Do I need to buy a different Music Maker edition to use the Creative Suite? I have the 'free' MM v.18.104.22.168 and both the 80s Edition and Hip Hop Beat Producer. Is it in any way a 'limited functionality' version'?
3. Is there a limit to how many VSTs I can connect to MM at one time with Creative Suite? Could I theoretically fill all eight tracks with different imported VSTs if I chose to?
4. Where can I find more information about the features of Creative Suite? From the store, it lists:
Track Effects Presets (is there a list of these presets?)
Text to Speech
Remix Maker (is there more info on this?)
Mouse Modes (I gather this is shortcut key functionality?)
Object and Track Automation (more info, please?)
Loop Finder (again, more info?)
Harmony Agent (I'm assuming a similar function as Pitch Assistant)
Live Arranger (more info?)
Edit: Well, this may be pointless, after all. It appears that I can't use the coupon code in the built-in store and I can't find the Creative Suite on the online shop. It's like a roller coaster...
Edit 2: I went ahead and took a chance and bought it. It does appear that my VSTs work with it. I'll see if I can find documentation on the rest of the features. Meanwhile, I did manage to use the coupon on the website towards another soundpool. So it ended up balancing out. I ended up spending $15 altogether.