Error-24 Magix movie studeo 2023 paid version. please help

June-Nome wrote on 1/24/2023, 3:49 PM

Greetings, I used the free trial for 2 days and it worked great, I could add files trim clips, and use effects to fix video
all except I could not burn a short 3-minute clip to a DVD burner. 

Paid for the full version and went to the Magix site and paid for the license and registered the software at that site to my email

I Create a new project and click ok 
Then I click to open a regular mp4 file (short birthday clip from sony handy cam) 
(it used to say match frame rates and I would click yes but don't get to that part )
After I click open file MP4 Then the program has a popup that says It needs access to a file with mpeg4 codec would you like to activate codec for free

Click activate online or cancel I choose to activate online
says please wait then comes up and says the serial number has already been registered to another email address -code 24

I paid for the license and registered it to my email account (in the center screen of Magix movie studio where it says computer then 
media folders it shows my email address that I registered Magix too

Then click ok

Then it says the file format (of my son's birthday party mp4) can't be read (I can open it in VLC and others)
please make sure the drive is not full or write protected
if you don't have the right to read or write from this path please contact the administrator

Hp 15 inch laptop
Over 400GB free on drive space
16 GB of RAMM

K-lite HVEC codes were purchased at the windows store for $.99

Magix movie studio 2023
version 22.0.3.167(udp3)
registered version

Thank you for taking a look at my problem sincerely June

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/24/2023, 4:16 PM

@June-Nome

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Magix support page on error 24 is https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/how-to-solve-error-code-24--2/#:~:text=You%20will%20receive%20the%20message,mail%20address%20for%20possible%20typos.

As you will see the problem is being caused by some difference between the registered email address and what you are entering. Even a single character or space change can cause the problem.

Hence you need to check very carefully ALL the details you have entered.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

June-Nome wrote on 1/24/2023, 6:07 PM

Thank you, Jeff,

I went into my data as you suggested and changed my email to my family account to see if that might be where I went wrong and got a pop-up that the new email already exists. Please select a new address or put in your old email address. If I downloaded the free trial while using one email (our family account) and paid for and registered the software in my personal email account, is there a way to uninstall and reinstall Magix movie studio 2023 and register it with our family email account by putting in the serial number I have?

Thank you for any replies sincierly June

emmrecs wrote on 1/25/2023, 3:52 AM

@June-Nome

I don't think you need to uninstall and reinstall.

With MMS open go to Help>Deactivate program. Follow the instructions to do so.

Close the app. (Perhaps, even reboot the computer)

Restart the app and proceed through the registration/activation screen using the email address which you used to download and buy the app.

Hopefully, you will now have a fully-functioning program!

If not, please post back and we can discuss more drastic solutions, i.e., a complete uninstall and reinstall.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

June-Nome wrote on 1/25/2023, 6:17 PM

Thank you both for the help, I deactivated the product on my Magix profile and re-registered as advised and it worked great. One thing that really stood out this time was even though I registered it before, but this time Magix movie studio 2023 came up with a pop-up menu saying since this is a paid version there are more options to install again thank you for your help

emmrecs wrote on 1/26/2023, 3:30 AM

@June-Nome

Excellent news! Thanks for the feedback and happy video editing!

Jeff