How do i resize without cropping or zooming in? on Graphic designer

Comments

foetoefreak wrote on 4/3/2018, 10:08 AM

@browj2 That helped...thank you! But...there doesn't seem to be a size scale for me to see what my dimensions are.

browj2 wrote on 4/3/2018, 1:58 PM

@foetoefreak

Correct, which is one of the reasons users want to see this feature put back properly. We are overdue for an update and hopefully it will come soon - with the fix.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

foetoefreak wrote on 4/3/2018, 2:25 PM

@browj2 I have an older version, but the scale is no longer accurate. A supposed 11"x14" setup becomes an 11"x13.75" print. I have been compensating for this, but It's annoying. Thank you for helping! I guess we continue to wait....

MojoJojo wrote on 7/8/2018, 4:01 PM

Wow, they really screwed this one up. I've been using Xara for at least 8 years and of all the things to change, they change the one thing that they should leave alone.

SGTDRE wrote on 11/3/2018, 12:27 AM

This maybe an option, I'm just guessing here, you could download an older version, from here https://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/download/#! and register the trial and you can have 30 days of use, I know it's not an answer, but it may work for the time being.

Also Xhris from https://www.talkgraphics.com has a good handful of tutorial videos here https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8XX88gb-c4FFINzZctjVXGQeQjVvmLWS It may also have ideas ?

I have used Xara programs going back to the 90's when they started with Weebster , Web Styles, Xara 3D.

As of now that Magix is the go to for support now, they are not very quick to reply.

Jup wrote on 12/16/2018, 1:11 AM

Io ho risolto il problema mantenendo premuto il tasto ALT e trascinando la maniglia. πŸ˜€Β Non so se funziona con tutti i computer ma con il mio portatile Asus si πŸ˜‰

Added translation:

I solved the problem by holding down the ALT key and dragging the handle. πŸ˜€ I do not know if it works with all the computers but with my laptop Asus yes

tim-c wrote on 3/14/2019, 8:00 AM

@Jup - you are a star my friend!!

Using Alt in normal selector mode works like a charm :o)

PMeegh wrote on 2/13/2020, 6:14 AM

This not a bug, but a deliberate design feature and is linked to the introduction of "Content Aware Scaling". It's similar to creating a bitmap fill for an object or text, where you can resize, move or rotate the bitmap fill within the object. This is an innovative and powerful capability, but its frustrating when you want to squish an image deliberately. When you import an image, Xara creates a new envelope or "frame" around all images so that the Content Aware Scaling function can be enabled, but unfortunately, it's done by default to aid image memory management. What they didnt do, is explain how to bypass this function in the Help files. @Jup gave the correct answer. To squish or distort your image without using the "inside frame" scaling, hold down the Alt key when dragging the image handles. Hope this helps.

If you haven't used "Content Aware Scaling" yet - it's brilliant and gives you far greater manipulation options with images. No, I don't work for xara, I just love this stuff.