Movie Edit Pro is a very useful program, but it has some deficiencies and annoyances that will prevent me from buying any new versions or upgrades. Here's a list:
- On the timeline, when I copy and paste an object, the cursor jumps to another location. There is no benefit in this behavior, and it's confusing.
- On undo, the cursor jumps to the start of the timeline. That's very frustrating.
- Undo is not available for all operations, so when I press Ctrl-Z, nothing happens. It's confusing.
- If I move an object on the timeline, and then undo, then Ctrl Y returns an error: "Restore is no longer possible."
- The Timestretch feature is hard to control with my mouse. I wish numeric input were possible.
- Audio object volume is hard to control. I wish numeric input were possible.
- Keyframe operation is inconsistent and inefficient, so I avoid using it.
- Coloring objects requires too many mouse clicks, so I avoid coloring objects.
- In the Title tab / Manual, I wish the text input box were expandable, so that I could see more of the text I am entering or editing.
- I wish I could attach markers to objects, so if there is a glitch in the audio, I could keep track of its location, and fix it later.
- I wish I could apply a timestretch operation to several objects at once.
- I would like to be able to scrub the audio.
- I would like to be able to play an audio track at double speed, for finding certain sections quickly.
- I would like to be able to paste a copied object onto a specific track.
- I would like movies to render faster.
My MEP Version is 22.214.171.124.