MEP update 19.0.2.58

me_again wrote on 2/13/2020, 2:49 AM

Greetings

Update loaded OK and Store seems to load quickly. A change of date will soon see if it's repaired.

However, the patch seems to have messed up (at least) NewBlue Essential IV. Magnifying Glass now has "gone peculiar". The attached video shows what I mean (the first photo I found to demonstrate the effect - not really that interesting). It's also messed up a couple of projects I'm currently working on.

Can someone try to duplicate this please?

Also please note from the video that when I exit from the Magnifying Glass window, the effects menu rolls over to a random tab (possibly a previously used tab?)

AndyW

edit - apologies for starting a new thread, I hadn't realised a couple of others had mention it as the version number was not in the thread title.

Last changed by me_again

"I started life with nothing and still have most of it left."

Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4Ghz, No onboard Intel video, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, 16Gb ram, System drive 500Gb NTFS, dedicated video/audio drive 500Gb NTFS, USB3 expansion drive 1.5Tb (original archives), Sound chip onboard Realtek, Windows 10 (whatever version is current) - Movie Edit Pro Premium 10.0.258 (UDP3)

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/13/2020, 11:21 AM

@me_again

Hi Andy

The issue has not been caused by the update - the same occurs in the previous version and is an operational error.

Assuming, from your video clip in your other post - the above clip is not the same, you are wanting the magnifying glass to appear as an enlarging object over the time between keyframes, then the issue you are having is due the way you are setting up the appearance of the magnifying glass.

Setting the first KF to Reset to none and the last to Centred Circle - or any other type - does not work.

Keyframing only works with the parameters within a particular effect.

To set the magnifying glass to appear the Size option should be keyframed - eg set the first KF size to 0, move the timeline cursor and then set the size to the final required.

BTW you are using the old NB interfaced version - the OFX versions are easier to use and keyframe.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 2/13/2020, 11:24 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX 12, MEP Premium 2021, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2021 and Music Maker 2020.

Running Windows 10 2004 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 3 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 ext backup HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

me_again wrote on 2/14/2020, 1:01 AM

@johnebaker

Thanks for that John, but the way you described is the way I normally do it. I only used the preset in the first video for speed of recording and size file. I wanted to change that video to the one I used in this post but I found no way to change it. Thats the reason for the duplicate file - I thought I'd deleted that pst and indeed on my screen it looked like it had been deleted, but it seems it wasn't.

I posted the second video because that uses only a preset and even that doesn't work - as can be seen.

I've used "magnifying glass" since it first appreared in MEP a couple of versions ago(?) and always used the old NB interfaced version because the OFX version crashed my system. I believed that was fixed late last year but I was sceptical to use OFX as the crashes at very least annoyed me. I've just tried that version and indeed it does seem to work so my problem is solved.

Howevere it does highlight a problem with the NB intefaced version but I will class this problem for me as closed.

Thanks, AndyW

Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4Ghz, No onboard Intel video, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, 16Gb ram, System drive 500Gb NTFS, dedicated video/audio drive 500Gb NTFS, USB3 expansion drive 1.5Tb (original archives), Sound chip onboard Realtek, Windows 10 (whatever version is current) - Movie Edit Pro Premium 10.0.258 (UDP3)

me_again wrote on 3/9/2020, 1:46 AM

@johnebaker

Greetings John,

In your reply to me you wrote "The issue has not been caused by the update - the same occurs in the previous version and is an operational error" which I found at the the time a little annoying as the way I used NB Magnifying Glass it has always worked for me in the manner described. However I let that pass as inconsquencial.

Yesterday I loaded MEP and found that the NewBlue Interfaced version of Magnifying Galss worked perfectly in the manner I described without "an operational error" or indeed any corruption artifacts.

There has been the standatrd Windows10 updates (KB4535996 and KB4537572) to the system since this problem first arose but no driver updates to my Nvidia card or anything else as far as I know.

I can only assume that maybe a fix was quietly pushed out to MEP that loaded when the program does its initial setup of the Store items. Who knows? I'm just pleased that my "Magnifying Glass" now works as it always has done - for me anyway.

AndyW

johnebaker wrote on 3/9/2020, 3:52 AM

Hi Andy

. . . operational error . . .

However I tried I could not get it to work following your method, hence the 'operational error' comment which could have been put better - my apologies for that.

Pleased to hear it is now working for you.

John EB

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX 12, MEP Premium 2021, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2021 and Music Maker 2020.

Running Windows 10 2004 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 3 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 ext backup HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

me_again wrote on 3/9/2020, 4:42 AM

Greetings John,

Just for interest sake, to use the interfaced version of "magnifying glass" using the my method you have to ensure the "use keyframe" button is ticked.

Now that I've used both types of effect I can't really see any operational difference except that the interfaced version is slighty quicker - but that could be because i've used that one for ages.

AndyW