Music Maker update 32.0.2.11

ralftaro wrote on 8/28/2023, 8:13 AM

Hi all,

Another update for Music Maker has just gone live. This time we wanted to respond quickly to your feedback on the last update, so we fast-tracked this smaller patch. For us, it's right back to work on Music Maker, and you can expect further improvements and bug fixes in yet another update in the near future. Here are the official patch notes:

Changes in patch 32.0.2.11 compared to 32.0.1.8

• Fixed problems with the use of the starter pack (Note: If you still have problems, please rescan the sound pools in the program settings > General).
  • Problems with restoring the window layout fixed
  • Dropdown menu in MIDI Editor visible again
  • Problems with scanning VST instruments fixed

As always, the patch will be deployed via the program's automatic update function, which you can also trigger via the "Update program online" option in the "Help" menu. (In more current product generations, this will take you to the start dialogue to trigger the actual patch download.)  Please keep in mind that, under the current Music Maker product concept, you'll be able to patch your way up to the current product generation and revision from any version starting in generation 25.x of the software.

Comments

loopvinyl wrote on 8/29/2023, 7:27 PM

I installed the update, produced a track (I used instruments and midi) to test and ok! Thanks!  

Gochikku wrote on 9/6/2023, 4:11 AM

Since the latest update on MMM24 every track I listen to is out of sequence. Either they are running too fast or too slow. I have restarted it several times so that does not fix the problem. please help

ralftaro wrote on 9/6/2023, 10:19 AM

Hi @Gochikku,

I would recommend that you check your audio/driver settings within the program via the "Audio/MIDI" tab in the program settings. My guess would be that the update you're referring to did entail the bigger leap from a previous product generation to generation 32.x for you, which may have resulted in your now running different driver settings than what you were using before. Ideally, make sure you're running ASIO drivers, but you may need to experiment with that, and you may need to experiment with the specific driver settings.

If you're actually referring to some minor synchronisation issues between what you actually hear and the exact position of the play cursor (which is kind of also suggested by your other post under the older patch announcement thread), that's a bit of a different story. It's more or less a known issue that's currently being worked on. Should be available in an update pretty soon.

Hope this helps!

Gochikku wrote on 9/7/2023, 5:15 AM

Hi I have got it fixed now from another link I was following and yes you hit the nail on the head. I was not running any asio drivers at all. So happy man now.

Richard-Laporte wrote on 9/7/2023, 2:24 PM

HAving an issue since this update where I used to be able to right click on one of the loops in my project and then click on "show in soundpool" but now I can't find that shortcut anywhere.
Very frustrating.
Where did it move to??
Also I'm finding that I can't adjust the length time of a soundloop. What I mean is I used to be able to zoom in on a loop in my project then adjust the bar to a certain length smoothly now it seems to be snapping to a specific length going beyond where I need it to go to get what I need from the said loop.
That's happening to any loop since this update.

Richard-Laporte wrote on 9/7/2023, 2:30 PM

Sorry...one more thing I noticed.
There use to be an option when you right click on a loop that is already in the project where you go to pitch and tempo, from there you were able to select one of the pre pitches from 1 through 7.
Now that is gone.
What's going on here?

emmrecs wrote on 9/8/2023, 5:39 AM

@Richard-Laporte

To turn all snapping off, make sure the icon highlighted in the screenshot below appears like this:

For access to pitch changes ensure that View>Arranger>Show pitch ranges AND Advanced pitch ranges are BOTH ticked. Then the pitch adjustment will be accessible via the bar above the first track.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 9/8/2023, 6:37 AM

@Richard-Laporte

Hi

. . . . used to be able to right click on one of the loops in my project and then click on "show in soundpool" but now I can't find that shortcut anywhere. . . .

The option is under the right click options shown in the image below

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 9/8/2023, 6:37 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Richard-Laporte wrote on 9/8/2023, 7:22 AM

@johnebaker
Hi there..

That's the problem..
It's not there any longer.

along with the pitch options in the that menu where it says PITCH AND TEMPO just above AUTOMATION, the pitch numbers from 1 to 7 are no longer there. That was a huge help.

For the other issue to adjust the length of a loop..I followed what you recommended @emmrecs.
The icon on the top task bar is now "blue" like the one you illustrated.
But the snapping issue is still occurring.
Look at these captures.

I used to be able to adjust the length to anywhere I wanted. Now it just snaps with no way to adjust it in between that snap point.
This is for all loops.
This is a problem for creativity where I want to select a specific part of a loop but the part I need gets removed that is in between the snap points.

EDIT : The snapping issue just corrected itself (weird)
I can now slide the loop where I need it to go.
But the other issues are still persisting.
By the way...thanks guys for all your input here.
: )

emmrecs wrote on 9/8/2023, 8:00 AM

@Richard-Laporte

That's the problem..
It's not there any longer.

It is, but in a slightly different place! See below:

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Richard-Laporte wrote on 9/8/2023, 8:17 AM

omg...
I swear that wasn't there before.
I searched in that area and I know it wasn't there after the update yesterday when I first posted....but now it is.
I'm losing my mind over here. 😵

But it's now fixed...I mean I don't know if it was even broken.
And...AND...the "show in loops" option has now reappeared !!!!

A delayed self fixing glitch??
I'm questioning my sanity right now.

All is now in order.
All options are now available.
Big thanks guys.
Amazing ppl here.
Been a fan of this software for 8 years...Love it...but not when stuff like this happens.
lol

emmrecs wrote on 9/8/2023, 1:47 PM

@Richard-Laporte

Glad to hear it is now resolved for you!

However, I don't think you are "losing your mind"! I have a suspicion that not every item that should appear on a menu necessarily appears the first time it is "opened"!

Jeff

Richard-Laporte wrote on 9/8/2023, 6:52 PM

Hi guys...
I'm BAAAaaack!
It's doing it again.
The option to select the pitch when right clicking on a sound loop then going to - "pitch and tempo" but the "set pitch" for the selection of 1-7 is not there

AND the "display in loops" in the "more options" is also missing.

I knew I wasn't going crazy!
lol
It was working again as I stated above...I shut it down for the day....now when I launch magix the options are gone again. 😞
First it's there...then it's not.
I restarted the program = no change
Rebooted = no change
reset all settings = no change
even copy and pasted in a new project = no change.

This all started when I updated to this version.

Mahmoud-Mohammed wrote on 9/10/2023, 10:40 AM

Why is not working properly after the lastest update, sync issue delays etc,,, any thoughts ?

Richard-Laporte wrote on 9/10/2023, 6:51 PM

@Mahmoud-Mohammed
Seems this update has broken quite a few features.
I just discovered another one.
I had to remake my project because some of the features are still not working in the existing project as I stated above.
By restarting the entire thing from scratch (had to because copy and paste didn't work) seemed to be working now.
BUT NOW...if you look at the soundloop that is in the pool you can see the amount of volume (normal)

But if I add the loop (doesn't matter which one) the project the volume graph is gone. All I see is a straight line in the project like there is no sound even though there is one when I play it.

I can't adjust the length of where I want the loop to start because I can't see where to adjust it to.
I've seen this before and magix had to release another update.
My projects were put on hold until then and it looks like I'll be out of commission again until they fix this repeated problem.
man!!!

emmrecs wrote on 9/11/2023, 4:41 AM

@Richard-Laporte

I saw on one occasion that the waveform representation (graphic) had disappeared but I can't reproduce the problem this morning! I even reopened the project where the graphic previously failed to display and it's now showing!

Jeff

Richard-Laporte wrote on 9/11/2023, 7:20 AM

@emmrecs
Loading up a previous saved project shows the waveforms in the project but the problems I was having prior to this are still there (above) with those projects but if I start a new project the previous problems are fixed but now waveforms don't show.when I place them.
This is messed up.
Now, loading up a previous project caused the program to crash and sent a crash report.

emmrecs wrote on 9/11/2023, 7:55 AM

@Richard-Laporte

I wonder whether those earlier projects still having those previous problems is because the actual MM project file has become corrupted? Unfortunately, it is not unknown for this to happen with video projects.

If you "recreate" a faulty project and its content as a "new" project, i.e., import all, or at least some of the same loops, tracks or whatever, do you still see those same problems?

Whilst wanting to reply to one of your earlier posts I opened an MM project and the app crashed! I sent the Crash Report to Magix but then discovered that MM, although it had "disappeared", was actually still running (according to Task Manager) and I could not properly close it until it had apparently completed some sort of house-keeping. ("End Task" in Task Manager was "Not Allowed" according to the error message I received.)

Jeff

Richard-Laporte wrote on 9/11/2023, 4:54 PM

@emmrecs

If you "recreate" a faulty project and its content as a "new" 

hmm

I know if I copy and paste the loops from the original to a "new" project the issues are still occuring.
And I also know if I add the loops manually to a new project to recreate the problem project from the pool library, the problem disappears.
All goes to normal except for the new problem of the waveform in all loops not showing when adding to a project.
The weird thing is if I load a project I made from an older version the waveforms shows in the project, but since the update no matter what loop I add to an existing project, or a new project, the waveforms do not show.
I'm gonna need to keep a log on what breaks when the magix team pushes an update.
This waveform issue has happened before in earlier updates but was quickly fixed with the next update released.
My real problem is I need to wait for the release and recommending a "reload" is out of the question. I have waaaayy to many soundpools and packages that I would need to reinstall. It takes many hours!!
I had to do it before when an update would "break" a feature just to find out it did nothing but cause me a day to reload everything.
lol

Richard-Laporte wrote on 9/12/2023, 12:08 PM

Came back to try a few things to fix the issues for the waveforms not showing.
No need...it's all working now.
This is ridiculous!
I give up!

Michail-m wrote on 9/25/2023, 5:58 AM

Hello everyone, I have a question. Does anyone have a problem with the BPM of the project? I set the settings to automatically change the BPM of the added file. Everything seems to work, but in many cases, adding third-party "loops" changes the BPM of the entire project. For example, from 90 BPM to 160 or 60.It does not seem to affect the speed of audio tracks, but it turns out by the end of the project with 90 BPM, my BPM project jumps to 200! The added WAV "loops" do not have any media data. This also happens when I completely disable "autodetect BPM" in the settings. Unfortunately, this affects files on other audio tracks, which are constantly shifting out of place.Resetting all settings or completely reinstalling Music Maker sometimes brings the program back to normal. And the same file before reinstallation changed the BPM of the project, but after reinstalling Music Maker the BPM does not change. But after a couple of exits and entrances to the program, the added "loops" start changing the BPM of the project again. I've written to technical support several times, but they can't offer anything except resetting all settings. I was wondering if anyone else is having similar problems? Or is it just me or is it possible that some program is affecting the Music Maker? I have Music Maker Premium 2024. Also when I open my project from the first browser, the program asks me for a license once in a while and a window appears in which it is written that I have to buy the program. Maybe these errors are interrelated and that's why I'm having problems. If you have any other errors, please write to me, because I have other errors for two months. That I would calm down and understand that it is not just my program, and all have some errors.

David-Harney wrote on 9/27/2023, 11:42 AM

I purchased Music Maker Premuium 2023 (I thought) from Amazon and installed it 3 months ago. I started a project and wanted to add a new track. I got a message that said I can't do that because I have Music Maker Free. WTF? What did I pay Amazon $50 for? I have a sticker on the outer package that has a bar code and a number 10 digit number/letter code. When I enter that in the store it does nothing. I also have a voucher code I have used successfully, but don't understand why I'm not getting the edition I paid for. Can anyone help me get this straight? tia

browj2 wrote on 9/27/2023, 12:58 PM

@David-Harney

Hi,

The program, Music Maker, is free; Editions are not free and are add-ons to the program.

I also have a voucher code I have used successfully, but don't understand why I'm not getting the edition I paid for.

When you used your voucher code, did you not receive a Serial Number from Magix? Check your spam box. It will start with P3. Voucher codes do not start with P3.

On the Welcome Dialog, make sure that you log in with your user name and pw for your account with Magix. Put the Serial Number in the box on that screen to activate it. You only ever have to activate a serial number once. After that, always make sure that you are logged in. If not, the program doesn't know that you have any Editions.

See this:

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

David-Harney wrote on 9/27/2023, 2:22 PM

Thank you, John. No, I don't believe I ever received a Serial Number from Magix. And I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything after downloading the "free" Soundpools. I also don't have password on the CD or in the packaging that starts with a P3. Do you know if there is a tech support website where I might be able to get help from an actual person (in Germany or elsewhere.) Thanks again. Dave