My Sound Forge 15 will not run

John-Pearce wrote on 1/26/2021, 1:54 AM

I just purchased the upgrade to Sound Forge 15 and it says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." and then when I try to get support, it is very obvious that you do not want to actually give us a person to help. A phone number? Chat help? All I get are circular paths to community support forums. I can't tell you how irritated I am with this company right now. Rhetoric removed by Moderator.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/26/2021, 8:55 AM

@John-Pearce

Hi

This is a user to user forum and you may have to wait until a user with experience of the issue comes online and can help.

. . . . it is very obvious that you do not want to actually give us a person to help. A phone number? Chat help? All I get are circular paths to community support forums. . . . .

Support is via a ticketing system - click the support link at the top of every forum page and work you way through the dialogs - you will get to the page at the bottom of which are 2 links, the one indicated below takes you to the Support request page.

However do not expect an immediate response - requests may take longer due to current lockdown situation in Europe.

BTW we appreciate how frustrating computers and software can be, however please cut out the rhetoric - it is not necessary and may put other members off from helping you.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX 12, MEP Premium 2021, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2021.

Running Windows 10 Professional 20H2 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 3 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60GB internal SSD, + 6 ext backup HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

rraud wrote on 1/26/2021, 11:04 AM

Requesting support is a little confusing, but do not blame your fellow users on this forum. See recent post for instructions:
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/wrong-serial-number--1259553/#ca1608151

Regardless, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum anyway @John-Pearce.