Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/10/2024, 3:48 AM

@doug-o

Is the whole of the export like this? If so, then No, I have certainly never seen that!

However, to determine the cause I think we need to examine carefully each stage of the process! So,

• What format/type are the source video files? A MediaInfo analysis of one of them might prove useful.
  • Did the file play successfully in MS2024?
  • Did you add any effects of any kind?
  • What export settings did you use? Again, a MediaInfo analysis of the exported file would be helpful.
  • Which file player did you use and from which that screenshot is taken? Do you have another player with which to test your exported file?

Finally, it would be very helpful if you were to give us a detailed specification of your computer. Please read this post to see the level of detail that we really need. Thank you. You can add this as your signature - it will then appear with every post you make. See my signature below as an example.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

doug-o wrote on 2/11/2024, 12:07 AM

Thanks Jeff! The preview in MS2024 looked fine, but these frames appeared, a few at a time, randomly in the rendering. There were plenty of effects in use. I submitted a trouble ticked, but was just curious if anyone else had encountered this. Meanwhile, I did a third mixdown overnite, while not touching the computer, and it came out fine. I'm guessing that the rendering was pushing my machine to its limits, and it just wanted to be left alone. I guess it's like someone said: buy a new machine every three years... 😑

CubeAce wrote on 2/11/2024, 5:30 AM

@doug-o

Hi.

I guess it's like someone said: buy a new machine every three years... 😑

It depends.

I got the 'bones' of my present computer in march of 2019. Doubled the ram capacity in mid 2022 and bought a new graphics card for it end of last year. I am not editing 10 or 12 bit mov or HEVC files but mainly 4K MP4 camera footage. I do like using effects and despite the few upgrades I am now seeing some slowdown and lack of smoothness of playback once I start to ad more than a few tracks and simultaneous effects running on more than one track, so have stopped upgrading the programs. I will probably stick with this setup until either a change in Windows forces me to upgrade or my needs change which would probably mean a new camera with new file capabilities. My monitors were bought in 2009 when I started editing still images and are much older than the machine itself. One monitor is just showing signs of failing but hanging in there. They still give a reasonable looking output as 16 x 9 LCD HD monitors and I'm used to them. Even my wife's much newer laptop's screen is not quite as good or large.

Also now that I build my own system, if anything goes wrong I am much more confident bout fault finding and general pc building. Of course if you are relying on using laptops then there are much fewer and much more expensive options with much less chance of upgrading components.

As for your image. I think if it is one or two frames here and there it is more likely to be a problem between a plugin and the frame differences between the original footage where B and P frames are recorded and the resulting P and B frames generated in the program when rendering a new file. I used to get similar but not exactly the same looking images when dealing with images with a transparency layer and trying to use the Chroma key plugin. The Alpha layer was always shifted slightly to one side and down or up slightly which looked similar to your image but not as closely packed together as your striping in your image.

Ray.

Last changed by CubeAce on 2/11/2024, 5:33 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Windows 10 Enterprise. Version 22H2 OS build 19045.4412 Direct X 12.1 latest hardware updates for Western Digital hard drives.

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming motherboard Rev 1.xx with Supreme FX inboard audio using the S1220A code. Driver No 6.0.8960.1 Bios version 1401

Intel i9900K Coffee Lake 3.6 to 5.1GHz CPU with Intel UHD 630 Graphics .Driver version Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2128 for 7th-10th Gen Intel® with 64GB of 3200MHz Corsair DDR4 ram.

1000 watt EVGA modular power supply.

1 x 250GB Evo 970 NVMe: drive for C: drive backup 1 x 1TB Sabrent NVMe drive for Operating System / Programs only. 1X WD BLACK 1TB internal SATA 7,200rpm hard drives.1 for internal projects, 1 for Library clips/sounds/music/stills./backup of working projects. 1x500GB SSD current project only drive, 2x WD RED 2TB drives for latest footage storage. Total 21TB of 8 external WD drives for backup.

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB. nVidia Studio driver version 560.70. - 3584xCUDA cores Direct X 12.1. Memory interface 192bit Memory bandwidth 360.05GB/s 12GB of dedicated GDDR6 video memory, shared system memory 16307MB PCi Express x8 Gen3. Two Samsung 27" LED SA350 monitors with 5000000:1 contrast ratios at 60Hz.

Running MEP Premium 21.0.2.138 and VPX 20.0.3.180 (UDP3)

M Audio Axiom AIR Mini MIDI keyboard Ver 5.10.0.3507

VXP 14, MEP 2022, Vegas Studio 16, Vegas Pro 18, Cubase 4. CS6, NX Studio, Mixcraft 9 Pro.

Audio System 5 x matched bi-wired 150 watt Tannoy Reveal speakers plus one Tannoy 15" 250 watt sub with 5.1 class A amplifier. Tuned to room with Tannoy audio application.

Ram Acoustic Studio speakers amplified by NAD amplifier.

Rogers LS7 speakers run from Cambridge Audio P50 amplifier

Schrodinger's Backup. "The condition of any backup is unknown until a restore is attempted."

doug-o wrote on 2/12/2024, 12:10 AM

I only guessed at a hardware problem because the glitches occurred in different places each mixdown -- you'd think a software problem would be consistent. There were no plugins involved, just internal effects. On the first two mixdowns, I had a browser open, and maybe that was just more than the machine could deal with, as it tried to decide which GPU to use. :-) Just speculating, though...

johnebaker wrote on 2/12/2024, 2:11 AM

@doug-o

HI

. . . . I'm guessing that the rendering was pushing my machine to its limits . . .

Please help us to help you, currently we too are 'best guessing' what the cause of the issue is. We need the information @emmrecs has requested.

What is the specification of your computer system including Windows version and program version, see this topic for what is required and please quote processor and graphics card make/model in full, and also what monitor/screen resolution(s) you are working with if this is a laptop.

I would suggest you put this information in your profile signature so we do not have to keep asking for it.

Additionally:

Are the graphics drivers up to date?

. . . . just internal effects . . . .

Which effects, and do any of them occur at the time points where the issue occurs in the exported clips?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

doug-o wrote on 2/12/2024, 5:18 PM

Thanks John. I apologize for my sloppiness, but understand that I'm really just a musician trying to make a music video, so my approach to a problem like this is to look for workarounds – especially if I'm the only one experiencing it, and then only randomly. It may not be worth our time and trouble to hunt this one down. I appreciate your offer, though, and if anyone else reports the same problem, will post my system info, etc.

If you're bored, here's what MS was finally able to render: