Comments

rraud wrote on 8/8/2022, 12:19 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @David-Roberts8669.

Try enabling "Always proxy compressed formats" in the "Options> Preferences> General" menu.
If the 'proxy' setting does not help, try experimenting with the playback buffering setting in "Options> Preferences> Audio" (though this is usually associated with glitching at the very beginning of playback.
A different device driver type could be tried if the above two do not resolve the issue. Sound Mapper and Classic Wave driver are usually trouble-free

David-Roberts8669 wrote on 8/8/2022, 12:44 PM

None of that took care of it. It's messing with my entire system, and so I think it best to uninstall and get a refund. I just hope I don't have to do a system restore to ultimately fix the problem. It may be conflicting in some way with my DAW.

rraud wrote on 8/8/2022, 1:11 PM

@David-Roberts8669, if the behavior is happening globally, I would suspect the Magix Low Latency 2016 driver which is installed with Sound Forge Audio Studio. The driver is known to produce noise and other annoyances in other applications with audio as well as Sound Forge

See this comment from Magix to resolve:
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/audio-issue--1290482/#ca1738999

FWIW, Sound Forge Pro does not install the Low Latency 2016 driver.

colinu wrote on 11/20/2022, 7:07 PM

I had a similar problem with Sound Forge Pro after the fall update for Windows 11. Uninstalled 22H2 it went away.