Comments

johnebaker wrote on 8/13/2019, 5:25 PM

@dpewit

Hi

. . . . a warning appears that the format of the file C: users...01103mts.HDP can not be read . . . .

The .HDP file with the issue is a temporary file that MEP creates.

Close MEP and locate the .HDP file and delete it, also delete the corresponding .H0 file as well.

Both temporary files will be recreated when you load the project.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 8/13/2019, 5:25 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX, MEP Premium, MEP 2016, and earlier versions, Music Maker Premium, Music Maker 2016, 2015.

Running Windows 10 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 x 2Tb ext HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

dpewit wrote on 8/14/2019, 6:04 AM

Thank You,

I deleted HDP, but when I load the program again and the same message appears, where can I find H0 file and MEP in my computer ?

greetings

Darek

johnebaker wrote on 8/14/2019, 6:39 AM

@dpewit

Hi

. . . . I deleted HDP, but when I load the program again and the same message appears . . .

Is this for a different video clip?

If so then in the folder where the videos are delete all the .HDP files and .H0 files - they are also in the same folder if created.

. . . . MEP . . . .

MEP is the abbreviated form of Movie Edit Pro

HTH

John EB

VPX, MEP Premium, MEP 2016, and earlier versions, Music Maker Premium, Music Maker 2016, 2015.

Running Windows 10 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 x 2Tb ext HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

dpewit wrote on 8/14/2019, 1:01 PM

I deleted HDP files and there was no problem with the project, I saved it. After a few hours, I returned to the project and again showed me the following messages, e.g. the format of the file C: users ... 01104mts.HDP can not be read. It looks like I have to first remove HDP and then open the program and work? Only it is troublesome to constantly delete HDP

johnebaker wrote on 8/14/2019, 1:36 PM

@dpewit

Hi

. . . . returned to the project and again showed me the following messages, e.g. the format of the file C: users ... 01104mts.HDP can not be read . . . .

I have no idea why that is happening.

However a bit of a long shot:

1. what version of Windows are you on?  Press and hold down the Windows key and the R key - in the dialog that opens type in winver and press enter.

2. Is Windows Defender your Antivirus/Firewall program?

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 8/14/2019, 1:36 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

dpewit wrote on 8/14/2019, 3:08 PM

Windows 8, version 6.2 compilation 9200, RAM 8 GB, Antivirus avast,

if I press the file with the project without directly opening the MEP program, the project opens without a problem, and when I open the project in MEP, these messages appear

dpewit wrote on 8/15/2019, 4:34 PM

are the folders appropriate? for example: SUWALSZCZYZNA lipiec BAK.MV.

emmrecs wrote on 8/16/2019, 3:23 AM

@dpewit

Those .BAK.MV files are all the automatic back-ups of your project which MEP has created; they are not "folders" but copies of the small project file, small because it is simply a series of instructions telling MEP what to play, when to play it, with what effects (if any) etc. etc.. They contain NO audio or video. OTOH, the file "names" are somewhat unusual. Is your MEP project called "SUWALSZCZYZNA lipiec"?

You say you are running Windows 8 and the build number confirms this. Any reason why you have not updated to 8.1? I've never used Windows 8 but my understanding is that 8.1 is a considerable improvement over the original 8.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, Photo Story Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D

dpewit wrote on 8/16/2019, 3:31 PM

I have a problem, I expect help, I developed a project I tried to burn to a bluray disc in a Buffalo bluray external recorder and the following message appeared before writing to the disc, later I tried to record this project on dvd disc in an internal recorder of my computer and I was able to record without any problems. I think it is a problem with a Buffalo bluray external recorder, which recorded no problem once

I use Magix Movie Edit Pro Premium,

Darek

johnebaker wrote on 8/17/2019, 3:45 AM

@dpewit

Hi

While not a common problem, the issue you are having is usually caused by the USB port and/or the external BD drive going to sleep - power save - after not being used for 15 - 30 mins and failing to wake up fast enough, or at all, to be recognised when checked if available.

Try rebooting the computer and then accessing the drive to see if it is available ie put a BD disc in it and see if you can play it.

If the drive is there and accessible try changing the power options for the USB controllers to permanently on - the exact wording may depend on the version of Windows 8 you have. Google for 'windows 8 power setting usb' if you do not know how to do this.

HTH

John EB

emmrecs wrote on 8/17/2019, 3:54 AM

@dpewit

I have a problem, I expect help

And that statement/demand is the ideal way to ensure you receive it!!! 😡😡

When you first began this thread you were experiencing a problem with files failing to open properly in an MEP project. All replies made have come from fellow-users; none of us are Magix staff or Magix support. We expect to be treated courteously.

I asked a question about why you had not updated your OS from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. You chose to ignore that and then posted your most recent answer, which now is asking about problems you've experienced when trying to burn a Blu-ray disc of your project, using an external burner, whilst a DVD version of the same project, using an internal burner, was successful. This surely points to a problem between MEP or your computer and the external burner? I've looked at your images and there is no real clue that I can see there as to why Other users may well be able to spot something.

However, why not use the "Image Recorder" option within the Burn screen to create a disc image of your Blu-ray project and then use software which can and does communicate with your external burner to create the actual disc? As a matter of interest I always use the disc image option when transferring finished projects to either BD or DVD, and then use other software to burn the disc(s).

Finally, please remember that courtesy is required of all posters to the forums (see the Community rules in the footer of every forum page, especially rule number 1).

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, Photo Story Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D

dpewit wrote on 8/17/2019, 4:26 AM

Thank you and I am very sorry, but I was not going to demand you and anyone here, maybe I was nervous because I still have problems with this program, I should update my operating system from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. But I don't know how to do it, I'm not smart in these cases.

emmrecs wrote on 8/17/2019, 5:18 AM

@dpewit

Thank you for the apology, accepted, of course! I think we all understand your frustration but, as I said, we are all fellow-users and obviously cannot actually see your computer screen so must attempt to make reasonably educated guesses/thoughts about how to help resolve your problem.

Any update to the Windows version you have should come via Windows Update. As I wrote before, I have no experience of using Win 8 but this page is the official Microsoft guide on how to do the upgrade successfully.

Then, once that is complete, follow the advice in @johnebaker's post immediately above mine to check the USB Power Settings.

If you still cannot successfully burn a disc using your external BD burner, why not try the solution I suggested and create a disc image (it will be a single file with an .ISO extension, stored wherever you have set as the storage for such files? This is set in Program settings (shortcut Y)>Folders. See the screenshot below which is how I have it set up; this is a very customised/personalised set up so yours WILL be different.

Then you will be able to use any disc burning software that can read that .ISO file to create your actual disc. (I use a program called Ashampoo Burning Studio - not free - but the free ImgBurn is also able to do this.)

HTH

Jeff