I decided to reproduce the bug list here under a heading that shows the corresponding patch, mainly because I received a reply from Magix today indicating that they have many tickets open and cannot fix all of the bugs in a short time. Really? Many of the items on the list have been around for at least 6 months, others for 4 months and some even since last July. This is absolutely ridiculous!
I was informed that a major patch would be released this summer. I take this to mean a new version will be issued - meaning new features with more bugs. This is totally unacceptable. Version 10 has been an embarrassment, with many features not working correctly or at all. We have been deprived of the proper use of this program for the better part of a year.
I think that we will need to bombard Magix with tickets, including the list along with any other bugs that have been found. I will put the list in a pdf file on Dropbox so that others may send in the same list.
Below is the renumbered list with a couple more problems added recently.
Comments in italics are from Magix:
1. Missing Icons: "This is a problem and actually our developers didn't know that. It will be fixed so thank you for this hint. (2018.12.17 and 2018.12.18)" Fix the preview of icons under Templates, Image objects - the icons folders are missing from "Test Images" and "Backgrounds" - C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Video Pro X\8\VideoEffects\BackgroundEffects\ColorFields and C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Video Pro X\8\VideoEffects\BackgroundEffects\Pictures; only Collages was fixed.
2. External audio editor: "Magix has created a bug entry for this. Again, thank you for this hint. The problem will be fixed. (2018.12.17 and 2018.12.18)" The problem has not been fixed: Right-click on the audio part of a video object, no command for "Edit in external editor." This has been an intermittent problem, sometimes it's there in a version or patch, sometimes not. It's there for wave files and proxies, but not for my videos clips that are mov, mts, and mp4 files. We need to be able to send out the audio to an external editor for cleaning.
3. Scroll bar on touch screens Templates tab: "This seems to be a bug. Our product owner will check your video. (2018.12.17 and 2018.12.18)" Still problem on my Surface Pro 4 - Templates tab: The vertical scroll bar cannot be dragged up and down, only sideways to expand/contract the listing window. The mouse indicator changes to a left/right arrow. No problem on desktop - non-touch screen. A video of this problem was sent to Magix.
4. HitFilm OXF keyframing X and Y problem: "Could you please send me a video of this problem, too? (2018.12.17)" (Done and submitted 2018.12.17) HitFilm - OFX like Gleam, Radial Blur, Zoom Blur - keyframing X and Y fail. The numbers go crazy, up to infinity.
5. External Audio files not saved: "The whole feature is unfortunately very outdated and nothing has been done on it for a long time so there are problems with newer version. This was mentioned at the meeting yesterday and noted. (2018.12.17 and 2018.12.18)" Audio & Music Lab, Audio Cleaning Lab and Video Sound Cleaning Lab no longer save and bring the modified file back onto the timeline. The new SoundForge Audio Cleaning Lab (my trial has expired) seemed to work properly with patch 306. Now with patch 317, exiting saves/overwrites the imported audio file, but and error pops up that cannot be stopped except with the Task Manager.
6. Object and Edit Trimmers: Seems to have been resolved. Warning, an error has been introduced into the MEP Object Trimmer whereby a fade in/out cannot be set. This bug should not be passed on to VPX.
7. Knoll Light Factory causes distortion: "Bug entry created. (2018.12.17)" Adding Knoll Light Factory effect to a clip produces a distorted image on the screen. The image is at an angle. To see the image correctly, I had to change the Video Mode to Alternative Mode 2 (Video Mixing Renderer9). Strangely, if I go to full screen, the image is fine. The export is also fine.
8. Interface with Xara not working properly: "Problem is already known. (2018.12.17)" Right-click on a video object, Video effects, Create overlay graphics/animations opens Xara (I have the latest Designer Pro X - 126.96.36.199162) but the video does not display; the screen is white. I tested this with MEPP2019 (188.8.131.52) and it works. Thus the problem is with VPX, not Xara.
9. Titles: Some users are having trouble applying colour and font changes to parts of the text in titles. We have checked this and two users have the problem, two or three do not. Here is a link to the thread and the particular one with a video showing the problem.
10. Samplitude Pro X3 to VPX: I was going to raise a ticket on the Samplitude side, but the problem is likely with VPX and may be linked to the external editor problems. Samplitude has a feature under File, Export, Export to Video Pro X. It does a mixdown, saves the file and opens VPX if not opened. However, the audio file does not come onto the timeline. I think that I checked this using an older version, VPX 7, and it worked fine, so the problem is with VPX 10.
11. @Liviu-Tatan has reported that the Bitrate slider in the Bluray Burn settings window does not alter the bitrate when moved. @emmrecs has confirmed this, with a workaround that manually entering the BR in the numbers box will achieve a change in BR.
12. Previous reported removal of items from Import menu: Removed recently from Import, Magix Tools, are: XAR Animations; Downloads; Database; Online Album; and Internet Media (first raised 2018.12.04 with more information added since).
Downloads is now listed separately (I don't think that I created this link myself).
Database disappeared quite a while back. This is useful if you have Photo Manager and have created a database with it. I would like this back.
The Online Album is only useful if you have it. I can live without this as I always export first, check the export, then upload to my Album. Anyone else want this?
Internet Media opened the integrated browser in MAGIX Video Pro X offering you (from the manual) the "possibility to collect media from the Internet to use e. g. for your current movie. The integrated browser offers many useful functions that help you collect material for using in your project. All kinds of media can be collected – images, videos, sound or simply text can be all integrated using the built-in browser with great results." This has been removed and not replaced. Some users have indicated that they would like this back.
13. Rotation slider causes blurring of rotated video: Can only remove the problem by using the up/down rotate buttons then zooming in on image to remove borders. This bug is known to Magix.
14. Undo causes playback marker to jump to beginning of a range: When I undo (Ctrl+Z) something the playback marker jumps to the beginning of a range if one is set. It stays in place if there is no range. Previously, the playback marker stayed where it was, I believe.
15. Multicam: "This is a complicated one. Actually, these problems have already been fixed, but they still occur sporadically. It is very difficult to reproduce these problems. We probably haven't been able to eliminate all the causes yet and have to take a closer look at the problems again. The bugs are now definitely known to us. (2018.12.17 and 2018.12.18)"
Sometimes, although a waveform is copied into track 2 as you watch, there is no audio heard. Nor is any heard when you switch back out of multicam, nor if the result is exported. Track 2 is marked as unmuted all this time. New problem: some of the audio objects created on Track 2 by camera switching get automatic fades, but should not. Even more odd, if you step rigorously through the four available channels on the monitor (cyclically top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right, top left, etc.), the sound display corresponding to the top left "camera" always fades to zero at its right hand side, but not immediately after you've cut to top right, only when you've gone round to bottom left. In fact, there's another inconsistency in that as you cut from top right to bottom left, you don't see the cut visually appear on Track 1 until after you've gone on to bottom right; all other cuts appear immediately. Also, it proves impossible to drag any cut leftwards which is preceded by a volume fadeout.
16. Startup screen - Load existing projects: The box is usually empty as is the popdown, or does not have the last opened project listed in the box or on the list when there is a list.
17. Track Header names: Not really a bug, but annoying; the font colour is too faint to be seen clearly with any colour applied to the track. See the attached image. Only the name on track 7, with no track colour can be seen somewhat well. Even then, the contrast is terrible, making it difficult to read. Perhaps the programmers can do something about this.
18. Title causes crash: If a destination track (track 5 or beyond) is selected for insert, that is, the track header is blue, clicking on the T for inserting a title causes VPX to freeze. This does not happen if the selected track is 4 or less, nor does it happen in MEP. Try adding a video clip to a new project. Select and highlight track 5 or 6, click on the Title button in the button bar and VPX will freeze, requiring Task Manager to stop it.
19. Startup screen search folder: After exporting to almost anywhere except the default document folder, then next time VPX is opened, clicking on the folder button above Load beside the usually empty proposed last project box, goes to the location of the export, not to the Project folder where I have my projects, or the folder of the last project opened. Or, in the case of today, it proposed the Audio Temp folder. Export location has nothing to do with project location. The proposed folder should be the folder of the last opened project, or at worst, the default location of projects as per the Program Settings.
20. Color Picker defective on Surface Pro 4 (touch screen): Only on my Surface Pro 4, not on my desktop. I selected a colour chart, Effect, Video Effects, Glow, open the Color Picker and select the eyedropper and run it over the various colours. They are shown incorrectly and even change colour simply by moving up and down over the same colour. This is not a problem with Glow; it is with other effects as well that use the Color Picker:
21. Transition Effect Transition Basic: Blurry - all of them - Edit Trimmer does not work on transitions with a Blurry effect. The box shows a 0 transition and nothing can be modified. Moving from one transition to the next in the Edit Trimmer, it skips over any
transition to which a Blurry transition is applied. See video. If this problem gets worked on, please, please make sure that the programmers do not break anything. We have had enough problems with the Trimmers in the past and we don't need any new bugs being introduced to fix one.
22. New Blue OFX Effects: Some users are still complaining about the use of NewBlue OFX effects causing the screen to go black. Issue raised in ticket on 2018.12.04; John EB to make a video showing the problem (not done).
23. Title Templates, captions go to wrong place: If there is something on tracks 4 or 5 and you try adding a caption at the location of the playback marker (with or without an object selected at that location), the caption is put after tracks 4 and 5 are clear. Thus, if there is a music track, the caption will be placed at the end of the video. However, if a destination track is also selected, VPX will try to place the caption at that location. But, if there is something on that track at that location or on a higher numbered track (depends on how many tracks the caption requires), the caption will be placed further along the timeline, wherever there is space.
The way it should work is that the caption should be placed at the playback marker location, on tracks with a higher number if there is something blocking the way. I know that the solution is to manually select the destination and location, checking that there is nothing that will be in the way of the caption, but most users will not be able to figure this out and will be dismayed that the caption is placed at the end of their project, as has happened to me many times. Selecting a destination track is a relatively new feature.
24. Copy/Drag cause full fade on other objects: A simple copy/drag of an object across other objects cause the other objects to have a complete fade from the beginning to the end. Trying to grab the fade handle does not work. The only way to remove the fade is to go into the Object Trimmer and start reducing (or completely reduce) the fade, then one can drag that handle on the object. Magix was aware of this problem and it should have been fixed in the last patch, but I had this problem happen several times in the last week.
Has the following been resolved?
A. NewBlue OFX: effects still blacking out preview screen on some computers(John EB to prepare a video.)
EDIT: Modified again - revision 3 - dates of replies added to attachment and in the above list.
I am presently struggling with how to reply to Magix. I would appreciate some assistance.
I can't add Mathias here as @MAGIX_Redaktion does not show up.