Comments

Dominic-Kelly wrote on 11/26/2023, 9:56 AM

Let's all face it.....Acid Pro 10 and 11 are unusable by serious music creators. The stability issues are completely insane, and too many to list. That Magix released this product that will crash at any moment, gives memory errors, won't render mp3s without crashing, has major problems with common VSTs, is just beyond not OK. @ THE MAGIX TEAM - For you to ask for our feedback about bugs when the entire system is completely unstable and unusable is just plain crazy. This product should never have been released to the public, and how about you all do your own DEV testing and QA before release!! It wouldn't be too hard for you to find out that it is completely unusable! As a software developer myself, and Acid lover from the beginning, I am so disappointed that I have to find a new DAW, as there is nothing that compares to ACID workflow and easy of use for loops and samples. Please consider putting some money and resources into making this program great again. Let us know when there is a release that is stable. PS. A program not being stable enough to stay open and record and render tracks is not a BUG!

SP. wrote on 11/27/2023, 4:38 AM

@Dominic-Kelly As far as I read it in a comment by a moderator in this forum, the Acid QA staff member who initiated this topic, left Magix a couple of moths later. This topic is basically dead for over a year, like Acid.

Interestingly, there are some other recent posts that mention that Acid has problems with hard drives larger than 2 TB. So maybe this is a cause for instabilities.

VMP wrote on 11/27/2023, 7:45 AM

Using many drives larger than 2 TB, no problem with that here.

VMP

Dominic-Kelly wrote on 11/27/2023, 7:14 PM

@SP. Thanks for letting me know, yeah it's really too bad. I was just trying to finish a track that I had started in ACID 11 and it just crashed for no reason using KONTAKT for some horns. Just trying to finish what I have started in ACID but it's like pulling teeth getting it stable for a few minutes.😆 @VMP Curious what your OS and version is that ACID is stable for you? Any recommendations on here for a DAW that is the best for speed and ease of use with loops & samples, time stretching, easy tempo/pitch matching, without a bunch of steps? Thats what I love about acid, I can be fast and creative like that.

Miami-Sound wrote on 11/27/2023, 8:28 PM

Major issue here: Audio levels change arbitrarily on some tracks while rendering to wave or Mp3 format in multiple bitrates. This issue makes it absolutely Impossible to mix and render the way the program is intended. This occurs while you use automation or bypass automation. Software without the ability to accurately mix and render is not an asset to the workflow, Need a patch quick!!. AcidPro 11 / Neve Console *My workaround was to decrease the audio output levels directly from the plugin themselves.

VMP wrote on 11/27/2023, 9:11 PM

@VMP Curious what your OS and version is that ACID is stable for you?

@Dominic-Kelly

Windows 10 Pro
OS build: 19044.3086

Using Acid Pro 10.0 (x64) (version 11 seem to be the same as 10, I heared).

Yes those are one of many reasons I love Acid Pro too.
Just like Vegas Pro.

VMP

Dominic-Kelly wrote on 11/27/2023, 9:34 PM

@Miami-Sound That sounds horrible, and impossible to get a mix like that. brutal. When mine was crashing every time I rendered an mp3, I tried File > Real-Time Render and it worked. Who knows maybe that would work for you, albeit slower . @VMP Yeah that's basically what I am working with, except Acid 11, which yep is basically the same. I think my issues may stem from a lot of third party plugins that I rely on, but maybe crash Acid. It never used to have issues with other VSTs and FXs though. I was looking at a video on Presonus Studio One and it looked like easy fast workflow with audio timestretch, pitch-shift etc. I'm going to give that a whirl on my PC setup.

VMP wrote on 11/28/2023, 3:02 AM

@Dominic-Kelly Ah yes the third party plugins could cause problems, you could use intermediate plugin players which loads the plugins like the Free Kontakt Player. I did try some other DAWs but was not happy with them as the easy UI from Acid :-).
I am curious about your findings.

VMP

Former user wrote on 12/5/2023, 12:40 AM

@Dominic-Kelly Ah yes the third party plugins could cause problems, you could use intermediate plugin players which loads the plugins like the Free Kontakt Player. I did try some other DAWs but was not happy with them as the easy UI from Acid :-).
I am curious about your findings.

VMP

I think you mean Komplete Kontrol... ?

VMP wrote on 12/5/2023, 5:06 AM

@Former user
I meant the Free Kontakt Player, like the new version 7. I still use version 5. Wil look into 7 soon.
Within that I can load other VST intstruments and use them withing Acid Pro.
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/samplers/kontakt-7-player/free-download/

I am linking this becasue it is free, not sure about forum policy about linking to other products.
Anyway it is a plugin for Acid Pro as well.

VMP

VMP wrote on 12/5/2023, 10:12 AM

Just installed Kontakt 7, and it works. After installing it I had to scan the plugin with Acid Pro 10 via View -> Plug-in Manager.
Then it found it, it is VST3.

VMP

LooneyBinJim wrote on 12/19/2023, 3:06 PM

Just installed Kontakt 7, and it works. After installing it I had to scan the plugin with Acid Pro 10 via View -> Plug-in Manager.
Then it found it, it is VST3.

VMP

I have been using Native-instruments Komplete Kontrol to load Reason Rack into Acid 10.Which works pretty well.

I have been just using the KOMPLETE 14 standard plugins vst3 only no magix, so far so good.

VMP wrote on 12/19/2023, 3:10 PM

Nice to hear @LooneyBinJim.

VMP

juno106 wrote on 1/24/2024, 8:22 PM

Hi! My latest update on acid 11 music studio hangs when opening projects. This happens sometimes even in the previous versions (acid pro 10). I hope it gets fixed soon! Thanks!

ropp wrote on 2/25/2024, 5:57 PM

so.. it's been years and acid pro 10 and acid pro 11 are really really bad.. Magix.. what are you gonnne do about it??

SP. wrote on 2/25/2024, 6:42 PM

@ropp Have you tried the suggested workarounds, like using VST plugin chainers instead of the internal Acid plugin chainer? This should usually help a great deal with stability.

ropp wrote on 2/26/2024, 1:22 AM

@ropp Have you tried the suggested workarounds, like using VST plugin chainers instead of the internal Acid plugin chainer? This should usually help a great deal with stability.

don't you agree with me that something so essential, should work natively?

Former user wrote on 2/26/2024, 2:02 AM

@Former user
I meant the Free Kontakt Player, like the new version 7. I still use version 5. Wil look into 7 soon.
Within that I can load other VST intstruments and use them withing Acid Pro.
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/samplers/kontakt-7-player/free-download/

I am linking this becasue it is free, not sure about forum policy about linking to other products.
Anyway it is a plugin for Acid Pro as well.

VMP

Kontakt doesn't load plug-ins. It loads sample libraries. It's a Sampler

Komplete Kontrol actually loads other plugins... For example you can load Independence in Kontakt and use it that way. This can be useful if a certain plug-in is unstable when hosted by the DAW itself. Hosting it in something like Komplete Kontrol or Nektarine can be more stable.

Also, people sitting on something they only complain about because they can't get used to another UI need to get over it and just get through the learning curve.

It's been several years since MAGIX resurrected this software and the stability has not improved at all since v8. How old do you plan to be before you do what you should have done years ago?

ACID should only be used for sample and loop based production, using the legacy DirectX plug-ins wherever possible. Using VST plug-ins is going to tank your stability. And using 32-Bit plug-ins in 2024... You deserve all the crashes that delivers.

MAGIX really should rip the BitBridge out of all of their DAWs. There is no justification whatsoever for maintaining that, as its a common source of instability. Unless 32-Bit plug-ins are hosted out-of-process, they should not be supported. Time has long been up for that. People who need access to older projects that use them can keep a previous version installed to access them.

Former user wrote on 2/26/2024, 2:15 AM

Things like better Audio Editing can be delivered via ARA2.

WaveLab Pro 12 and Acon Acoustica Premium are both ARA2. The also support Spectral Editing, but for more advanced Spectral Editing, SpectraLayers is available. Melodyne and others can handle Pitch Editing.

At this point, the primary areas they should be focusing on are:

1. Application Stability: Including getting rid of the BitBridge and polishing up the VST3 Support.
  2. UI/UX Updates: Optimal HiDPI Support, WaveColor Waveforms, Better Metering
  3. Performance Improvements
  4. Platform Support: ACID Pro should support WASAPI Shared and Exclusive with ProAudio Thread Prioritization
  5. Better Video Support: Support for more common CODECs and GPU Accelerated Video Encoding
  6. Tons of MIDI Editing Improvements... This alone would cause many people to choose alternatives over ACID Pro.
  7. Needs an actual Sampler Instrument (Vita Sampler is worthless), and a Basic Drum Sampler.
  8. Improvements to Beat Mapper, etc. Samplitude does a better job at detecting the tempo of samples than ACID Pro, Lol.
  9. I also think that ACID Pro is a DAW that probably would benefit a lot from MAGIX licensing ZTX Pro algorithms... otherwise it trails competitors like Ableton Live in that area... and that's kind of the whole purpose of using ACID. Otherwise, it really doesn't have any advantage over Samplitude Pro X or innumerable other DAWs that also use the same algorithms for Time Stretching and Pitch Shifting.

Other than that, offer a $99/149 Crossgrade for ACID Pro users to Samplitude Pro X/Suite, and $39 crossgrades from ACID Music Studio to Samplitude Music Studio, because what is the point otherwise. Consolidate the user base go from there with only one Professional Music Production platform.

I don't think any of these thing would make a huge impact, though, since they really have exited the window for this product regaining mass appeal on in the market. These are things that needed to happen with ACID Pro 8 and 9. It's probably too late, now, which also means there is very little incentive for them to do any of it.

SP. wrote on 2/26/2024, 3:02 AM

@ropp

Acid is no longer developed. So you should try the workarounds.

VMP wrote on 2/26/2024, 3:27 AM

Kontakt doesn't load plug-ins. It loads sample libraries. It's a Sampler

Komplete Kontrol actually loads other plugins... For example you can load Independence in Kontakt and use it that way.

Ah good one thanks for the info, didn't know that.
I only have the need for loading samples so the free Kontakt will do. But good to know if I need to do that with plugins too.

VMP

ropp wrote on 2/26/2024, 4:00 PM

@ropp

Acid is no longer developed. So you should try the workarounds.

They are still selling it. https://www.magix.com/int/music/acid/acid-pro/

and supporting it. https://www.magix.com/int/support/technical-support/

SP. wrote on 2/26/2024, 4:07 PM

@ropp They can sell this as long as they want. For example, Magix also still sells MP3 Deluxe 19 which hasn't got any updates since 2016, if I remember it correctly.

Acid hasn't much development going on since early 2020 as well. I think there was only the plugin-chain bugfix and a different splash screen for ACID 11. That's all.

I simply suggest you an option to get the program better working right now instead of waiting for fixes that will likely never come.

julain-downward wrote on 3/8/2024, 7:20 AM

BRAND NEW BUG! Acid pro 10  V 10.06 build 9 using Paste. If i copy a section of a track and want to paste it somewhere else in that track OR even paste it into a different track - whatever comes AFTER the pasted section - is shunted up the timeline!! Makes cut and paste unusable! Does anyone else have this? I used the program several weeks ago and it worked as it should... (anything you want to paste into a track will just overwrite whatever is on the track at the curser point... but not now! NOTE - I have not updated the app at all. neither have i been notified that the app has an update available... SO, it's done this in the background (just like it removed stem maker from my acid pro 10 suite!!!.. without me asking or allowing it to) it's got some sort of weird 'non-destructive' feature enabled somewhere.

HHHEEELLLPPP!!!