Comments

DrTomoculus wrote on 11/16/2022, 12:23 PM

I would say instead of working on ACID PRO 11, why don't you fix the issues with ACID PRO 10. All I did was leave the house today, I came back, and AP10 just would not open anymore. Why? Who knows! All I did was leave the damn house. It was working this morning. Can I not leave the house without it failing? It gets stuck on child windows. It can't load without an external hard drive I have being plugged in. Why??? I don't know. That EXT HD has NOTHING to do with this program and its startup. The only thing it needs from that EXT HD are loops. The program itself runs straight from my laptop. I've used ACID PRO for years but my god, I see other users are trying to deal with AP10 and seeing failure after failure. They re-install, to no avail. I have dozens of projects running through AP10. Do you mean to say I can't open them anymore because you've gone straight to AP11 without looking back???? I would've used ACID MUSIC STUDIO 10.0 but THAT failed to load VST's that Sony used to have as a DEFAULT. Like Track EQ. Track Compressor. Reverb. Default VSTs that came with the program for years, failed to open. And I use these defaults religiously. That's why I had to get ACID PRO 10. Because it recognised those default VSTs. Now I got a program that doesn't load. So seriously, who cares about ACID PRO 11 if you can't even fix the problems users are having with 10!!!!

Former user wrote on 11/19/2022, 5:40 PM

@DrTomoculus There is supposed to be an 'update' patch coming to fix all these issues with AP. When it comes is any ones guess, holding ones breath is not recommended. As to your problem with not starting, try going to your 'task manager' in windows (Ctrl, Alt, Delet) and see if it's running in the background? If it is 'end the task' for AP and try to open the program again. Vegas Pro has the same bad habit of running in the background and not starting when you click on the program icon. Best of luck, Cheers

johnebaker wrote on 11/20/2022, 7:06 AM

@DrTomoculus

Hi

Try looking look at the Windows Reliability Monitor tool to determine if there is a reason why the crash occurred - select a date you know it happened for more information.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Nick-Casale wrote on 11/25/2022, 10:36 AM

I sent a video to Magix staff member name removed by Moderator to conform with Community rules #10 regarding the problem with downloading Loops and Instruments with the ACID Pro 11 Suite Upgrade. I was going to attach it here but am unable to. I am very disappointed in this upgrade. Most of the Plug-Ins are not only unavailable without paying for them, but also require a monthly fee. I won't be using the Independence application, too complicated for me. And as mentioned, I can't download all of the loops and Instruments.

$100 later and I am no better off than I was with ACID Pro 10.

I hope things get better at MAGIX / ACID and you are able to provide a bit more value for this upgrade. I have been using ACID for years and really like the product overall, and thank you for it, but this upgrade was a disappointment.

EEtu-Kuja wrote on 11/27/2022, 7:30 PM

Hello! I have been using ACID Music Studio 11 half year now, and today i try'd open it and there comes only popup error "Application Initialization" "Error code: -1". Nothing else and it wont open. I try'd unistall and install, and it kind worked, except it didn't let me use any of my plug-ins or librarys, and when i closed the software it went back to error above. Is there some update that broke whole application or what is going on?

SP. wrote on 11/28/2022, 1:59 AM

@EEtu-Kuja If you hold CTRL and SHIFT and double click on the program icon to open ACID, you should get a small window that allows you to reset the program settings. Maybe this will help with your problem.

EEtu-Kuja wrote on 11/28/2022, 4:50 AM

@EEtu-Kuja If you hold CTRL and SHIFT and double click on the program icon to open ACID, you should get a small window that allows you to reset the program settings. Maybe this will help with your problem.

Hello, thanks for trying to help. I try'd it and it still gives only the error popup. I wanted to see will that combination work for another magix software and it did, I tested combination with my Sound Forge Audio Studio and for that it opened the reset window.

SP. wrote on 11/28/2022, 6:11 AM

@EEtu-Kuja Ok, here are some additional wild guesses:

You could try to set Compatibility Mode of ACID to Windows 8.

Is ACID Music Studio installed under the Program Files folder? Maybe a Windows update changed some security settings and is giving ACID trouble to run properly.

I usually install software on my computer under C:\Users\*WindowsUsername*\ which isn't protected like the Program Files folder.

EEtu-Kuja wrote on 11/28/2022, 9:29 AM

@EEtu-Kuja Ok, here are some additional wild guesses:

You could try to set Compatibility Mode of ACID to Windows 8.

Is ACID Music Studio installed under the Program Files folder? Maybe a Windows update changed some security settings and is giving ACID trouble to run properly.

I usually install software on my computer under C:\Users\*WindowsUsername*\ which isn't protected like the Program Files folder.

Yes I tested everything that you suggested, still problem exist. Magix music maker and Sound Forge audio Studio also work, but some reason this ACID studio doesn't. I don't know, maybe my windows is broken or something.

steven-askey wrote on 12/3/2022, 12:41 PM

Out of nowhere Acid MS 10 starts giving me errors. After rendering an audio clip into WAV, that clip won't playback. Get error message about error occurred during playback, media not supported...

So I but Acid Pro 11, everything is ok. THE NEXT DAY I get the same errors I had on MS 10. Plus now I can't render an audio clip into a wav file

Bob-Kraus wrote on 12/10/2022, 1:37 PM

I have an issue where I cannot change the default project folder. It has as a browse button, but that only takes me to the Desktop Folder. I cannot get it to point to anything else.
Also there is a drop-down that let me choose <project> but there is no explanation as to what that really means in the Help.
If I change all my folder settings to point to <folder>, when I go to save, it still points me to the default folder, again which I cannot change.

SporkimusPrime wrote on 1/9/2023, 7:33 AM

I have an odd issue with Acid Pro 11, where if I use Arturia's Tape Mello-Fi plugin, when I render the track to .wav or .mp3 there is a loud audible click or volume pop in the first second or two of the track. You look at it in Audcatity and it appears the waveform is actually broken. My guess is since you can watch all the plugins do work while rendering, maybe Mello-Fi doesn't "Load" all the way before the generation starts, its delayed by a second or so.

adamsgeorge wrote on 1/24/2023, 11:53 AM

Hi everyone,
I made some slides with all the details regarding feedback on bugs, UX improvements and feature requests. Please have a look. Thank you.

PDF Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n0-lExK585SmYU9Kd2m6W7LB8wUjkAlR/view?usp=share_link

Matt-Jones wrote on 1/29/2023, 5:49 PM

Bugs:

Some of my VST3's don't work. VST2 works fine, but VST3 doesn't. They each get the error of "Audio engine inactive. Check your audio device." (Mainly from the Toontrack products, but others don't recognize MIDI coming in.) These work fine when I run them in ACID 9.

My projects crash when I open them via file explorer. If I open ACID first and then open the project file, things load fine. But, if I double-click my project file to open it up, it crashes.

And yeah, ACID crashes a lot. It drives me crazy. I've gone back to using ACID Pro 9 even though it doesn't have the current features.

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick wrote on 2/14/2023, 6:44 AM

Magix, please just answer this one simple question: Is Acid Pro being worked on? Any further development? A simple Yes or No would be nice.

ropp wrote on 2/26/2023, 4:34 AM

Magix, please just answer this one simple question: Is Acid Pro being worked on? Any further development? A simple Yes or No would be nice.

mail to: infoservice@magix.net , tcornock@magix.net or info-us@magix.net

james-h wrote on 2/27/2023, 2:22 AM

mail to: infoservice@magix.net , tcornock@magix.net or info-us@magix.net

I emailed the addresses you provided.

As a very long time user of Acid pro, I was one of the ones that was very excited when you took over proceedings from Sony in what seems like an eternity ago now.I bought versions 8 and then 10, but the same issues arise. The engine its running seems to be no different that the earlier versions of Acid, the explorer is very laggy and often takes a few seconds to open and close folders, is this something that is being worked on? You're now on your 4th version (excluding 365) and the same issues persist. How can you, in good faith, sell a product that you know has major issues with VST's, lag, failing to find plugins and regular, random crashes? All you seem to do for each new release is throw in a few plugins, that will no doubt crash, which fans and customers have said they're not interested in. You asked in the magix.info forums what your paying users want and expect regarding the future of the software, we categorically said we want stability and speed, it's such a shame the current state of the software has fallen so far down the order of DAW's that people only really see it as a nostalgia piece, when we all know it's so much more to so many people.

Could you please provide an update regarding the future of the software.

Many thanks

Tinus72 wrote on 3/15/2023, 8:47 AM

is there some list somewhere where stuff is fixed in 11 pro, I will not waste cash on 11 anymore if there is no progress reported on the known issues

Air wrote on 3/15/2023, 6:08 PM

@Tinus72 don't waste your money, nothing is fixed. It's the same as AP10 with different bloatware.

VMP wrote on 3/17/2023, 3:48 AM

is there some list somewhere where stuff is fixed in 11 pro, I will not waste cash on 11 anymore if there is no progress reported on the known issues

Have you contacted support?

VMP

VMP wrote on 3/17/2023, 3:51 AM

@Air @Tinus72 - Unfortunately, Air is right. Don't waste your money. This DAW is long dead. Magix has left it in the dirt. You can probably buy something that comes close as such as Name removed. Not the greatest Browser as Acid but its the most stable I have used to date. Good luck.

I don't think discouraging Magix and advertising software from another brand is allowed here according to the forum rules.

Have you directly contacted support?

VMP

blake-fast wrote on 3/17/2023, 9:19 AM

vmp as to your comment above why not mods are forever saying this is a forum for users not magix support and people from magix (now theres a company that needs a rename if ever there was !) dont use the forums so how would they know what is said ? and its fairly obvious and at the end of the day.

while we are here what kind of loyalty has this company shown to the users of this product its almost a year since this thread was started despite whatever excuses you would like to make for this company maybe you would like to go to the start of this thread and re read it and have a real good think about it .

VMP wrote on 3/17/2023, 10:09 AM

vmp as to your comment above why not mods are forever saying this is a forum for users not magix support and people from magix (now theres a company that needs a rename if ever there was !) dont use the forums so how would they know what is said ? and its fairly obvious and at the end of the day.

while we are here what kind of loyalty has this company shown to the users of this product its almost a year since this thread was started despite whatever excuses you would like to make for this company maybe you would like to go to the start of this thread and re read it and have a real good think about it .

Thank you for your message.
I can imagine that it can be frustrating. I must say that at this moment Acid Pro 10 works fine on my system. So the trouble others may be getting may be system specific. Some common bugs I had before, I too have posted earlier as feedback, but those bugs do not hinder my production process.

I personally would always refer to the official support system first when there are issues with a product.
They have helped resolve my technical problems so far.

And if there is no resolution via the support, then one could ask other users here for support.
I personally am glad that Magix brought Acid back to life and made it 64 bit, I have been hoping for that for years while only having Acid Po 7.

I too am looking forward to some bug fixes that have been mentioned here before, but I can't imagine bashing and discouraging the product and Magix (like some earlier posts have done) would make the progress any faster. Even worse those posts would only get deleted. As one agrees to the forum rules before posting to these forums.

I woutd say treat others like you would like to be treated by others in this situation.

I would promote constructive criticism, a form of feedback that focuses on delivering critique and negative feedback constructively and positively to improve performance or behavior. Constructive criticism is actionable, clear, and beneficial to the recipient. It does not focus solely on the negative aspects.

Best,
VMP

johnebaker wrote on 3/17/2023, 12:15 PM

@blake-fast, @VMP

Hi

. . . . this is a forum for users not magix support and people from magix .... dont use the forums so how would they know what is said ? . . . .

Magix Redaktion, other Magix staff, and any forum member who has commented in a topic, receives a notification every time a comment is made in this, and any other topic, where they have posted.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.