Comments

B-Simpson8599 wrote on 9/20/2022, 10:10 PM

So, here's a question: is it possible to go back to Acid 7? I would imagine the license servers have been turned off many years ago. But the issues with VSTs might be more solvable. I am gathering that Acid is the red-headed stepchild of Magix's offerings. But it would be nice to have something powerful that works.

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick wrote on 9/20/2022, 11:46 PM

So, here's a question: is it possible to go back to Acid 7? I would imagine the license servers have been turned off many years ago. But the issues with VSTs might be more solvable. I am gathering that Acid is the red-headed stepchild of Magix's offerings. But it would be nice to have something powerful that works.

Short answer: No.

VMP wrote on 9/21/2022, 3:43 AM

Acid Pro 7 works fine here. @B-Simpson8599
Magix still supports mine. I have versions 7, 8 and 10 all can run independently.

Their 'My Service Center' shows all my Acid Pro versions including 7.
Go to: https://www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/

On the page go to -> My products.

You should see all your registered products there.
This includes all products from their previous owners too, from Sonic Foundry, Sony and now Magix.
My registered products are there even from way back 06/29/2002.

There you can also download the installation software:

More info: 'How to download your software?'
https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/how-to-download-your-software--15/

Just a note that I have not re-registered my Acid Pro 7 recently, but my guess is that it should work.
Or use the support system you can contact Magix directly: https://www.magix.com/us/support/

Best,
VMP

eric-gaertner wrote on 10/5/2022, 4:17 AM

I’ve used acid for years with no issues. I bought a new laptop today and downloaded acid pro 11. Can’t import any MP3 files from it. Uninstalled and reinstalled and it still says mp3 files are not supported can ya help me please

emmrecs wrote on 10/5/2022, 5:42 AM

@eric-gaertner

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

There was no need to ask the same question in two consecutive posts so your most recent one has been hidden.

As for your question: did you use the forum Search facility to find an answer to it? A very quick search on "mp3" would have led to this thread. Does it help?

If not, this is the Search page I found. Have a careful look through all the solutions offered there, even for products other than Acid Pro.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

eric-gaertner wrote on 10/5/2022, 6:45 AM

My apologies, I must have hit back on the post. None of that helps. I’ve tried all these tips. Even upgraded and It still won’t recognize mp3 files.

eric-gaertner wrote on 10/5/2022, 2:04 PM

Any help wound be appreciated, thanks man

VMP wrote on 10/5/2022, 2:28 PM

@eric-gaertner

Are all other apps on your laptop able to import mp3 files? Are you able to play mp3 files with most media players?
Otherwise it seem to be something blocking your AP 11 from getting the license online, the internet connection may be blocked by your firewall. Are you able to check if your AP11 has connection to the internet?
Tried disabling the firewall temporarily during the mp3 license check?

VMP

eric-gaertner wrote on 10/5/2022, 11:21 PM

Disabled everything.. still can’t figure it out.. I’ve tried everything… I don’t get how I just uploaded the same software and everything worked on my old laptop

VMP wrote on 10/7/2022, 10:26 AM

Do other software from the same brand work with mp3 on your laptop? Maybe sound forge, or the free, trial version from music maker?
https://www.magix.com/us/music-editing/music-maker/

@eric-gaertner

VMP

robert-m5401 wrote on 10/11/2022, 4:22 AM

acid 6.0 dont boot up well on my new pc

robert-m5401 wrote on 10/11/2022, 4:24 AM

acid 6.0 dont boot up well on my new pc

windows 10

VMP wrote on 10/11/2022, 8:27 AM

@robert-m5401

Have you downloaded the latest version of Acid 6.0? Some posts back I have mentioned how you can find your registered software.

VMP

Bruno-Luiz wrote on 10/13/2022, 8:51 PM

Caros usuários do ACID,

Como acabamos de anunciar, queremos incluir no desenvolvimento do ACID Pro 11. Contamos com você!

Sinta-se à vontade para comentar como o ACID pode ser melhor e quais bugs precisam ser priorizados.

Muito obrigado!
Equipe MAGIX

Bugs no fx apagando as configurações quando adiciona outro fx

O programa fecha sozinho perdendo as configurações salvas e quando precisa voltar atrás em um estágio anterior eu trava

Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann wrote on 10/16/2022, 12:25 AM

For me, the last compelling feature added to Acid was source separation. I stopped updating Acid when I read that it had been removed and I have stayed at 10.0.5 (Build 35) ever since. I already have all the Brainworx, iZotope & Melodyne plugins, as well as the full Independence Pro and most if not all of the various Magix plug-ins. Sorry guys, but I don't feel the urge to upgrade at this time

Joel-Bedford wrote on 10/16/2022, 10:44 AM

Ah man, it's brutal to use in its current version. The file explorer is basically unusable due to how slow it is. The program crashed while trying to update, restarted my computer automatically for some reason (WTF) and upon restarting Windows 11, I discovered the program was no longer installed. This is beyond unacceptable and I'd like a full refund until these HUGE bugs are ironed out.

VMP wrote on 10/16/2022, 12:56 PM

@Joel-Bedford I don't think you can get the refund via this forum, you could try contacting Magix directly: https://www.magix.com/us/support/

VMP

Joel-Bedford wrote on 10/16/2022, 3:50 PM

Thanks, I contacted support before jumping into this forum.

Adam-Dorval wrote on 11/4/2022, 2:00 PM

Because apparently the devs at MAGIX still need to hear this: Stability.

Stop releasing new plug-in pack versions to boost sales and fix what's been broken for several versions now.

ACID is slowly dying in the industry and it's not because it's missing features or doesn't come with enough plugins, or isn't innovative enough, it's because it's incredibly unstable and buggy.

The core (and very loyal) group of ACID users are trying to not switch to other DAWs, but with version after version of bugs and instability, many are being pushed to the brink.

jocker-boy wrote on 11/5/2022, 11:44 AM

Stop releasing new plug-in pack versions to boost sales and fix what's been broken for several versions now.

ACID is slowly dying in the industry and it's not because it's missing features or doesn't come with enough plugins, or isn't innovative enough, it's because it's incredibly unstable and buggy.

The core (and very loyal) group of ACID users are trying to not switch to other DAWs, but with version after version of bugs and instability, many are being pushed to the brink.

ACID would have to come back under Sony's wing, but it is probably not possible and realistic today.And then Sony would have to deal with it seriously.Make ACID operational.MAGIX made a very good step in the first phase, doing the conversion is 64 bit.But then something went wrong.There are good foundations for work, but sometimes ACID lacks stability to be able to work well and stress-free in this DAW, which for many is very decent software with an already iconic shell.For composers, producers, remixers or DJs, it is a really valuable program that gives a lot of satisfaction with its ease of use.MAGIX should consider our requests and really work hard on ACID and its problems.We don't want ACID to meet the fate of Cakewalk. Are we lovers and enthusiasts not worth it? I greet everyone and have a nice evening.

PS. Despite the encouragement and promotion for the upgrade to version 11, I don't want to and see no point in doing it now.I have most of these plugins and many, many better ones .... I don't need these. I know for beginners and new users is a good gift.

Former user wrote on 11/6/2022, 3:46 PM

People seem to suggest that many of the Acid Pro Crashes reported stem from mixing VSTs. E.g, 32 and 64 bit together. Could Acid not release a pure form of Acid Pro 64-bit where old 32-bit VSTs are not allowed or forcibly disabled? Possibly make Acid 10 a 32-bit only for those who still want to use old-fashioned plugins?

I know many will say that if your plugins are mostly available as 32-bit only, and you are not running out of memory, then the advice would be to stick with a 32-bit host even if the host itself is available as 64-bit. The golden rule is - if you use a 32-bit host, use 32-bit plugins. If you use a 64-bit host, use 64-bit plugins.

Could Magix not adapt this if it helps with crashing or stability issues?

I'm not sure why anyone would even want 32-bit in a 64-bit machine anyway. Especially if this is the main reason for the constant instability and crashing issues.

Anyway, it's merely a suggestion. I'm happy to hear from anyone who insists there's a genuine need to have both 32 and 64-bit together. I'd personally want to stick with one as the advice states.

People have had 3+ years to move off of 32-bit. It's time for MAGIX to cut the umbillacle cord and remove the bridging technology from the DAW. Samplitude needs this as well.

32-bit creates a host of issues that developers spend their time troubleshooting instead of making real improvements to the product.

People who want 32-bit can stay on an old version, but development teams should not be sympathetic to these issues on the eve of 2023. Time to move on.

Former user wrote on 11/6/2022, 3:59 PM

That's precisely why. You can barely do anything in ACID that you can't in many other DAWs, so it has to innovate to create room for itself. Otherwise, people will take the option that gives them the most creative headroom.

ACID's niche has been raided by competitors. That is the price of early success.

Ramping the price back up after AP8 didn't help, either, and neither did BandLab releasing SONAR Platinum as a freebie. It was actually one of the DAWs that did the most to expand into ACID's markety segment.

The market today is far more competition than it was in 1998. Goal posts have moved, considerably, and you have to offer more to gain and retain users. Reputation and history can only carty a product so much....

It also doesn't help that MAGIX also has Samplitide, and any user going to MAGIX.com is going to be exposed to it even if they I itially are seeking out ACID Pro. It is hard to justify AP over Samplitude Pro X, even with the cost disparity - and especially given how well those developers have done to inch it forwards over the past few years.

----- -----

I do think fixing bugs should be a priority, and I think a longer development and support cycle would be helpful for both users and developers. 1 year is too fast. Users need better support timelines, and developers need more time for feature development.

I think 32-bit bridging should come out of 64-bit ACID Pro. It causes nothing but problems, and these plug-ins shouldn't be a priority at this point in time.

I think they need to focus on UX improvements (mixer, etc.).

The MIDI Editors and Controller Support needs to be overhauled and improved.

The Documentation needs improvement.

The crashing is incredibly disruptive. It doesn't matter how good a product is. People will avoid it if its lacking in stability. But AP dropping in the market is not a MAGIC thing. This is why Sony stopped developing it. That writing g was on the wall. MAGIX is simply trying to keep the product around to cultivate a niche market segment. Nothing wrong with that.

If people care that much, they would provide helpful feedback and gguidance. MAGIX did not force anyone to spend their money on AP 9/10/11, and its not like any of them were denied a trial period to see of the product had improved in the ways they needed it to before clicking the order button.

MAGIX has responsibility for the product, but people are blaming them for their own bad decision making. That is not cool, and is incredibly misleading.

Carey-Letendre wrote on 11/14/2022, 3:52 PM

1. Insert effect plugin menu does not sort alphabetically by vendor name. Sorting appears to be random.

2. Track Properties Output Settings and Input Filters tabs are not drawing correctly when Windows XP Theme Support is active under Dark Mode. Window background is white.

3. Control (Ctrl) click slider for fine adjustment causes the mouse pointer to behave erratically.

4. Loading a project from the recently used file menu during post launch background plugin scan will cause the application to crash.

5. Mixer channel visibility settings are not remembered when opening a project.

Carey

daveskywalker wrote on 11/15/2022, 7:42 AM

The two bugs that really have stopped me considering Acid 11 are:

1. Open a VST FX chain, making a change (such as adding an additional FX plugin) and then backing out causes all properties of previous plugins to be reset to default settings wiping out everything I've done.

2. A few VSTi's (including some that previously worked in my Acid 8) are now not sending any audio signal back to the DAW in Acid 10. An example of this is the Halo VST from DHPlugins. They work fine in other DAWs I've tried such as Reaper or Ableton, just not in Acid. Other VSTs such as Serum work fine.

I have made projects in Reaper and have purchased a licence but still prefer Acid for all it's problems. That said, I have a friend coming to visit this weekend to show me Ableton in detail, so after being an Acid user since Acid 4 it might finally be time to move on.