Comments

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick wrote on 3/20/2023, 10:32 PM

vmp as to your comment above why not mods are forever saying this is a forum for users not magix support and people from magix (now theres a company that needs a rename if ever there was !) dont use the forums so how would they know what is said ? and its fairly obvious and at the end of the day.

while we are here what kind of loyalty has this company shown to the users of this product its almost a year since this thread was started despite whatever excuses you would like to make for this company maybe you would like to go to the start of this thread and re read it and have a real good think about it .

While mods get super touchy and delete unfavorable comments. Whats the point of this forum?

emmrecs wrote on 3/21/2023, 5:27 AM

@Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick

To be absolutely clear, Mods do NOT delete unfavorable comments but we do delete comments that are factually inaccurate or even potentially libellous.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

blake-fast wrote on 3/21/2023, 9:47 AM

@johnebakergix staff

hi john

you obviously missed the whole point of my comment probably buried in a little to much sarcasm but hey ,.what i said is mods are forever telling commenters that this is a forum for users not for magix staff so why would they know what is said . i didn't say that they didnt read them , it was a retort to line often used by mods and by the way just because they receive notifications it doesn't mean that the they do in fact read them although you may have better knowledge about that than me , if however they do read the comments with the way the product is currently ,then words fail me !

Carlosp987 wrote on 4/11/2023, 9:10 AM

I keep getting a field with" Software Update"to the newest version of ACid Pro 11. However, I downloaded it multiple times but can't find it anywhere on my computer plus it doesn't say anywhere how i can install the latest version of Acid. Can anyone help me out because Magix simply doesn't understand what i'm trying to ask them!!!

SP. wrote on 4/11/2023, 11:02 AM

@Carlosp987 Update are saved in a temporary folder. If I remember it correctly it was in C:\Users\YourWindowsUserName\AppData\Local\Temp\MXUpdate.exe

The update files are deleted automatically after you finished or cancel the update.

Carlosp987 wrote on 4/11/2023, 1:29 PM

Thank you for helping but i don't even have a temporary folder on my laptop;0/

SP. wrote on 4/11/2023, 2:05 PM

@Carlosp987 You can monitor your C drive with a free tool like https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/folder_changes_view.html

Run this before you try to download the update. If a MxUpdate.exe is created you will see it as a list entry.

macel-Permenter wrote on 4/12/2023, 10:52 PM

I have an issue with acid moving audio data on the audio track as its dropped. Example: I remove a section out of the track that leaves open space (time). Then I might go down further on the same audio track and cut out a section to place it in the previously mentioned space (time), When I do this everything on the track will move further down the timeline the exact amount of time that I just filled in forcing me to move everything on the timeline back. I also have Acid Pro10 on my laptop and it doesn't do this at all. All edits are seamless. But Acid Pro 10 also has other big issues. I also have lots of issues with the ASIO drivers and have to use Sound Mapper, but I accept this could be the sound card. I have tried a lot of things and read everything looking to solve these issues, but nothing works. I first started using Acid in 2000. I had hoped Pro11 would not be so buggy, so far though I'm disappointed.

Leonard-Turner wrote on 4/17/2023, 12:18 PM

Well lets start with, STABILITY, STABILITY, STABILITY. Hands down the major issue with AP10. arbitrary crashing at any given point during a project. Even at startup.

Bugs: the resetting of all settings in the FX chain when adding a new FX. Third party plugin issues i.e. vst3 and other sorted 3rd party plugins. AP10 won't start up when you click on a AP10 project icon.

So basically Sheppo called out all the real major issues with AP10. Thanks loads for all of the help you've given through the years !!!! Well done Sheppo

One last thought, Magix wants to release AP11. I say NO NO NO, fix AP10 first. Then you can add features and more blot-ware and call it AP11. Magix, please do the right thing by your customers.

AMEN! Nuff said! Fix it!

Air wrote on 4/18/2023, 2:15 PM

@Leonard-Turner it's not going to happen. AP is 'tot'. There's not much else you can say as the moderators only want constructive conversation. They don't want you or I to call out the company for selling, what they know is, an unstable program and won't fix it. Here's a bit of a reminder from Magix.

"Before the release of ACID Pro 11, there will be a patch update. Further news will be shared soon.

Thank you on behalf of MAGIX and especially the ACID Team,
MAGIX Editorial Team"

There never has been a patch update for AP10 and there will never be a patch update for AP10...or 11. Where you spend your money for audio products is entirely your business. I know where not to spend mine. best of luck Mr. Turner

VMP wrote on 4/19/2023, 4:09 AM

..."there will never be a patch update for AP10...or 11"

@Air
That is a bold statement. Sounds very definite.
Do you work for Magix? What gives you the authority to make this definite statement?

VMP

Air wrote on 4/19/2023, 9:14 AM

The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you can see.

Leonard-Turner wrote on 4/19/2023, 7:00 PM

@Air Thank you for your honesty. this is a hard funeral to attend since it is my first love. 22 years I've been with Acid. Rest In Peace. But I hear Cubase is pretty hot and very available right now........

Former user wrote on 4/19/2023, 9:46 PM

@Air Thank you for your honesty. this is a hard funeral to attend since it is my first love. 22 years I've been with Acid. Rest In Peace. But I hear Cubase is pretty hot and very available right now........

I think ACID Pro functioned best as a secondary DAW for loop arranging, especially when it was a trailblazer in that area and other DAWs hadn't caught up. You'd just ReWire ACID into the other DAW.

Unfortunately, working with Loops is pretty nice in almost every other DAW, so it has sort of lost its place in the industry. Without the need to consider it, many people ... don't consider it, so they don't purchase it. RIght now the only DAW that retains utility when you aren't using its sequencer for everything is Reason, because they pivoted and developed the Reason Rack Plug-in. With ReWire being pulled from multiple DAWs, that utility of ACID is also becoming hard to depend on.

Beyond that, I think Samplitude Pro X (non-Suite) should have crossgrade pricing for ACID Pro users. That way, people who need "more" from a DAW have a MAGIX-owned product they can upgrade to. I think Samplitude is heavily underrated by people here, and it still has ReWire support to allow ACID to integrate into a workflow there.

Personally, I think MAGIX should have been trying to move ACID users over to Samplitude Pro X since ACID Pro 9.x. I know that's a hot take, but sometimes consolidation is the best option.

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick wrote on 4/22/2023, 10:58 PM

Personally, I think MAGIX should have been trying to move ACID users over to Samplitude Pro X since ACID Pro 9.x. I know that's a hot take, but sometimes consolidation is the best option.

All are valid points but this is how I picture how Magix head quarters look like. No one cares about this software. Even the employees probably don't remember they still have it running. What a sad ending to an excellent product which could have become something big. Acid pro is still the only DAW to this day to have pick/paint feature. Just sad!

Wagner-Andreas wrote on 4/26/2023, 4:58 PM

The presets from Sylenth1 get loaded wrong if you restart acid.

LooneyBinJim wrote on 5/22/2023, 4:50 PM

Why do i think a bot moderates this site?

The AI doesnt like humans who express themselves using SARCASM Sheppo is real im sure of it.

The others just work the forum in a way which is harmful to the company Magix and also us the customer.We are all loyal long-time users of Acid just look back so many post from users start with i been with Acid when Sonic foundry were the new kids on the block who changed the way computers were used in the studio,before Acid nothing tuned samples without changing the speed.Cubase Logic etc were great using midi (if they kept timeover midi)

I have had posts explaining the disappointment Acid 8 and all future versions since,I once had my post edited because i used CAPITAL'S as you would being a paying customer of a product not fit for purpose.I use capitals to show my frustration with ll communication over the net ,Magix FORUMS are the only place that SHOUTING IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.I even wrote about myself personally explaining being disabled music gives me so much pleasure and i was at the end of my tether ,many of the good people on this forum contacted me with kind words and advise about mental health .Magix just rewrote my posts i used CAPITALS as any human would when using written communication and wanted to shout.fior Legit reasons,.

WHY DONT MAGIX COME TO US USERS WITH A PLAN OF ACTION with Dates so someone will have to answer to the loyal users.

johnebaker wrote on 5/23/2023, 2:42 AM

@LooneyBinJim

Hi

. . . . The others just work the forum in a way which is harmful to the company Magix and also us the customer. . . . .

Moderators are Magix software users, like yourself, not bots, and we work to the same Community rules, as users agree to on registering for the forum, regarding comments in the forum and do appreciate the frustration regarding issues with software in general.

. . . Magix FORUMS are the only place that SHOUTING IS NOT ACCEPTABLE . . . .

Stressing a point using capitals as you have done above, is OK. Typing in all capitals, ie shouting at people, in a public area, which the forum is one form of, is not acceptable.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick wrote on 5/23/2023, 3:31 AM

Why do i think a bot moderates this site?

The AI doesnt like humans who express themselves using SARCASM Sheppo is real im sure of it.

WHY DONT MAGIX COME TO US USERS WITH A PLAN OF ACTION with Dates so someone will have to answer to the loyal users.

Hey Looney, I completely understand your frustration. I come here from time to time to see if there is any progress and leave shaking my head in extreme disappointment. I still use AP but version 7 which is still the only stable version. I have accepted the fact that Magix has thrown away this great software. We the customers, who made the mistake of paying for 8, 9, 10 and 11, are the losers who kept falling for it. The winner: MAGIX, who shamelessely took the money and ran.

As far as your health, I wish you the best and hope you live a long life and enjoy making music. I have been using this software since I was a teenager and am now in my 40s. Still can't seem to get away from AP as the workflow I have with it, still is unmatched. I own most other DAWs but they still cannot match the ease and speed of AP. I have been requesting other companies to add AP features and hoping that someone will listen so we can all say goodbye to AP forever. I tried reaching out to the developers (well if there are any), no response. Emailing is a waste of time as there is no one there to reply on AP.

As for mods, I had also believed that these are bots with canned responses but who knows. Personally, I would hate to be a mod for such a company. Bottom line, I am with you and share your frustration. My eyes get tired after a while when working on AP7 for a long time as the GUI is dated but thats a small price to pay to continue working on a great DAW.

deejay-D wrote on 5/29/2023, 10:18 PM

Same feeling here. I have a copy of 8 - but.. I mean, MAGIX has my copy of 8 - and it will not 'plug in' but does pick up my midi, and forget VSTs. Where can I get AP 7? - Thank you!

LooneyBinJim wrote on 6/1/2023, 6:16 PM

vmp as to your comment above why not mods are forever saying this is a forum for users not magix support and people from magix (now theres a company that needs a rename if ever there was !) dont use the forums so how would they know what is said ? and its fairly obvious and at the end of the day.

while we are here what kind of loyalty has this company shown to the users of this product its almost a year since this thread was started despite whatever excuses you would like to make for this company maybe you would like to go to the start of this thread and re read it and have a real good think about it .

While mods get super touchy and delete unfavorable comments. Whats the point of this forum?

Looks like someone hit the spot ....Your be labeled a bully for only standing up for your consumer rights.

sheppo wrote on 6/6/2023, 8:39 AM

@LooneyBinJim

Sheppo is real im sure of it.

SheppoGPT initiated - writeComment( cannedThanksResponse[RNG])

Nicest thing you've ever said... I mean, also, I've responded to questions with my personal youtube channel where you can hear my voice, and there's other videos on the channel with my face. So yeah, I'm real.

@Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick

As for mods, I had also believed that these are bots with canned responses but who knows. Personally, I would hate to be a mod for such a company. Bottom line, I am with you and share your frustration. My eyes get tired after a while when working on AP7 for a long time as the GUI is dated but thats a small price to pay to continue working on a great DAW.

All the mods here are real people. The reality is, as with any public forum, there are a lot of people that don't read the rules, or more likely just don't care about the rules and think they are somehow exempt from them. Whilst I used to only sit here in the Acid forum the other moderators moderate the entirety of Magix's community forums which are extensive and in global languages. The only effective way to moderate that is sometimes with canned responses. It's also the best way to not get emotionally involved in something that, in all reality, we can't fix. You're upset at the state of the software - I, as a moderator, have no way to a) make you feel any better about your life - I've tried free hugs, but the air tickets were getting too expensive, or b) remedy the root cause - I neither work at Magix, or am a coder.

So, yeah, when you're slinging mud at us, just remember, we are actually human, and we only step in when there's good cause to.

Personally, I would hate to be a mod for such a company

Good job you weren't asked then, I suppose. ;-) Moderating any online community is a real PITA, to be honest. Due to my professional background I often get asked. One consistent thing is there's never any thanks, and everyone sees the role as the thought police, or something equally bad. There have been benefits to the role in the past though..

which leads me on to..

sheppo wrote on 6/6/2023, 8:45 AM

I have rescinded my role as moderator on the forum. Although, typically, I appear to still have the M badge (for now).

This is partly because I grew rather bored of the issues I discussed above and being increasingly seen as the bad guy. Also partly because your frustrations have, for the longest time, also been my frustrations. And partly because I'm currently done with the kind of work I used to do in Acid and have moved on to other things.

cheerio, and good luck!