Magix has totally destroyed Sony Acid

Bob-Sobers wrote on 12/22/2023, 11:07 AM

I have finally decided to remove all products by Magix from my computer. Support is terrible. My license Acid products no longer works. This company has poised all of the software with spam advertising and has little to no support. I wish everything had stayed with Sony. Unfortunately this company has ruined great products they acquired from Sony. I would encourage all Acid and Movie STudio customers to change to another company as you will encounter nothing frustration dealing with Magix.

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/22/2023, 11:25 AM

@Bob-Sobers In this forums we users have suggested some workarounds for certain problems that usually work fine. You can simply try to follow these suggestions.

browj2 wrote on 12/22/2023, 12:35 PM

@Bob-Sobers

Hi,

Support is terrible.

I totally disagree with you.

This is your first post in the forum, so you have never mentioned any problems that you have had or asked for help.

Have you raised any tickets with Magix? Did you notice the big SUPPORT button at the top of the forum?

Did you ever consider that maybe others don't have the problems that you may have experienced?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

johnebaker wrote on 12/22/2023, 12:37 PM

@Bob-Sobers

Hi

. . . . Support is terrible. My license Acid products no longer works . . . .

Do note this is a user to user forum, however there are many users here who have experience with Acid who may be able to help with issues you are having.

If you would like help, then see this topic for what is required, and give more details of the issue(s) you are having.

However if you do not want further help, this topic will be closed.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Former user wrote on 1/9/2024, 5:36 PM

@Bob-Sobers

Hi,

Support is terrible.

I totally disagree with you.

This is your first post in the forum, so you have never mentioned any problems that you have had or asked for help.

Have you raised any tickets with Magix? Did you notice the big SUPPORT button at the top of the forum?

Did you ever consider that maybe others don't have the problems that you may have experienced?

John CB

One also needs to consider that many people may have problems that they don't experience, as well.

That is a bidirectionally applicable concept.

leon-g wrote on 3/7/2024, 10:26 AM

I have finally decided to remove all products by Magix from my computer. Support is terrible. My license Acid products no longer works. This company has poised all of the software with spam advertising and has little to no support. I wish everything had stayed with Sony. Unfortunately this company has ruined great products they acquired from Sony. I would encourage all Acid and Movie STudio customers to change to another company as you will encounter nothing frustration dealing with Magix.

Something you should have done when Magix released Acid 8. I started seeing the carelessness and further downfall of Acid right from then. Since I had used this software since 1999, it was hard to move on to something with a different workflow. I basically had to re-learn DAW using from start as you lose your workflow tools. I was very disappointed in Sonic Foundry for letting it go to a big name and further disappointed with Sony for selling it to a lesser appreciated company who really proved that they are the least appreciated now after what they did to Acid. What a bummer. I should have used Cubase or something from the start intead of ever being introduced to Acid.

paul-young wrote on 3/20/2024, 11:29 PM

Rare that when software is acquired by another company does it ever get better. Usually the development staff doesn't tag along. Taking over someone else code is not easy. Magix is in financial trouble. They also have a lot of non music making software. I would be surprised if Acid gets cut. If someone takes it off Magix hand I wouldn't assume things get better.

leon-g wrote on 3/28/2024, 11:37 AM

Acid is gone. Simply put. I was unhappy that Sony took over but at least they did something productive with it. Magix finished what was left of it. Just off-putting.

WatchWoods wrote on 4/5/2024, 12:20 PM

I switched over to Reaper shortly after the update to Acid Pro 8.0. Most of the workflow things I did in Acid are there, plus a lot more. The biggest issue with Reaper is that there is so much you can do to make it your own, that a lot of basic things you'd expect to be set up from the get go aren't, and you have to dig around for a while to get those things set up

Mystery-Man wrote on 4/12/2024, 10:24 AM

@WatchWoods I've heard this about Reaper before, 'It does too much'...well, what a problem to have.

I too am a Reaper user and find it to be the most solid DAW I've found. I have yet to find something I 'can't' do in Reaper. Updates(free) every few weeks and a forum that's alive, unlike...

AP is over.........................Cheers

WatchWoods wrote on 4/12/2024, 10:47 AM

@Mystery-Man yeah I mean I used Acid for almost 20 years, and Reaper has been the closest/best DAW for me to continue making music without having to learn a different workflow. I like it a lot, despite some of the things I wish it had/could do, which may eventually be implemented.