[RELEASE] Movie Studio 18

Comments

Robert-Linsdell wrote on 10/14/2021, 8:41 AM

@Robert-Linsdell

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

The only suggestion we can make, I think, is that you email infoservice@magix.net and ask them if you can be given access to the download and a serial key for VMS 17.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Thanks Jeff. I have made that request.

Robert-Linsdell wrote on 10/19/2021, 11:29 AM

@Robert-Linsdell

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

The only suggestion we can make, I think, is that you email infoservice@magix.net and ask them if you can be given access to the download and a serial key for VMS 17.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

I am pleased to be able to report that MAGIX has resolved my issue in this matter. I do not have VMS 17 at this point, but one step at a time. Thanks Jeff

ericlnz wrote on 10/26/2021, 5:46 AM

I note that Best Buy in the USA are advertising MAGIX - Movie Studio Creative Platinum & Suite. Appears new, not yet available for delivery and "image coming soon". I wonder if this is the "combined" MEP and MS18 version to replace the existing products?

Robert-Linsdell wrote on 11/17/2021, 1:43 PM

I purchased Vegas Movie Studio 17 Suite from Amazon (US). It's now up and running on my PC. It cost me 50% more than version 18, but rather that, than an application of zero use in supporting my existing and ongoing projects.

Reyfox wrote on 11/17/2021, 2:53 PM

...or you could have bought Vegas Pro?

Robert-Linsdell wrote on 12/14/2021, 9:19 PM

...or you could have bought Vegas Pro?

Yep, I'll do that when it's time for me to upgrade from version 17, and when I do, I'll thoroughly test it out first just in case it's no longer the Vegas Pro we know and love.

Reyfox wrote on 12/15/2021, 6:02 AM

@Robert-Linsdell but it is Vegas Pro - false statement removed by Moderator - I am using VP19 now (been using Vegas since 14 including 15,16, 17, 18)) and it's all "Vegas" with improvements as to be expected. If Vegas was lateraled to Video Pro X, as MS18 was to Movie Edit Pro, Vegas Pro would be dead. Not many would go for Vegas Video Pro X. Not that it's a bad program, but it's not Vegas, and there are other options out there that many Vegas Pro users already have.

But as always, try the trial version first. I did for a month before getting VP19.

Side note: When I saw the first screen shot of the "update" MS18, I knew right away it wasn't VMS but MEP. And on further "investigation" (looking at the website and reading it), it was easy to see it wasn't VMS but MEP renamed. Some have found this "new" version to their liking. It's not VMS, H265 requires a paid activation, and there are other features I am sure are missing. But then, there are features included with MS18 (now MS2022) that some love. Much faster rendering for one.

Last changed by johnebaker on 12/17/2021, 3:42 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Reason: False statement removed

Win 11 Pro

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X

Sapphire RX6700XT 12GB

32GB Corsair 3200 RAM

Two 1TB NVME, 2TB SSD, 6GB Mechanical Storage, 5TB Backup