[RELEASE] Movie Studio 18

Comments

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 7/27/2021, 5:04 AM

Hello all,

we take your feedback very seriously and have already taken actions to avoid further confusion.

There are currently special offers for both the new Movie Studio 18 and VEGAS Pro Edit 18 (+19) on this post: https://www.magix.info/de/forum/movie-studio-and-vegas--1278720/

Best wishes,
MAGIX Team

Reyfox wrote on 7/27/2021, 5:26 AM

Consider posting this in the Vegas Movie Studio forum?

Serge_vp wrote on 7/28/2021, 5:01 AM

Hello guys,
I still haven't found how to get through to support, so I'm writing here:

1. I recently updated Movie Studio to a newer version - 18. The installer downloaded the 730 MB distribution kit, and then also the MMM 960 MB. After installing Movie Studio, it offered to reboot and that was all. The Music Maker was not updated. Why download it at all?
2. And I also had no time to remember where it saved the downloaded extra content for later backup (Styles, Titles, etc.). Is there any standard path?
Serge.

Music Maker Premium 31.0.3.26. Windows 10 (64-bit), Ver. 22H2 (build 19045.2364)
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3420 @ 3.20GHz (*2)
Physical memory: 4 006.1 MB (Paging memory : 6 922.2 MB)
Onboard Intel HD Graphics, Realtek HD Audio.

Ana-Contreras wrote on 8/4/2021, 4:35 PM

I upgraded but I actually want Vegas video not a totally different system. I tried to call, or write Magix unsuccessfully. Any idea of how can I resolve this issue?

PATIENT-X wrote on 8/4/2021, 5:35 PM

@Ana-Contreras

Hello, Welcome

Please contact infoservice@magix.net

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

Harvey-Lee wrote on 8/5/2021, 5:07 PM

Is this how German company provide customer service and support? Buy and let you go off on your own to learn and use? With Movie Studio 18, they basically dumped the Sony Movie Studio and is marketing their own version of video software. Guess I have to look at other options....any thougths?

browj2 wrote on 8/5/2021, 9:07 PM

@Harvey-Lee

Magix did not dump Sony Movie Studio because they didn't have Sony Movie Studio (Sony dumped it years ago); they had Vegas Movie Studio, supported and developed by Vegas Creative Software in the US who decided that they no longer had the resources to continue with it and wanted to concentrate everything on Vegas Pro, against the wishes of the parent company, Magix. You would know this if you read the threads.

Buy and let you go off on your own to learn and use?

You were expecting maybe someone to come to your home to give you a personalized course? There are tutorials and many are listed in the Important Post under the Video tab here.

You have been offered 3 options - go to Magix Movie Studio which is really Movie Edit Pro but with the ability to import Vegas Movie Studio projects (currently only puts objects on the timeline but they are working on making this better), or go to Vegas Pro, or just stay with Vegas Movie Studio 17 - it's not going away.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Harvey-Lee wrote on 8/6/2021, 12:21 AM

Thanks...It gives me a better picture of what is happening..as well as their philosphy on support.

Reyfox wrote on 8/6/2021, 2:22 AM

@Harvey-Lee I'm curious as to the "their" philosophy on support compared to say, Resolve, Premiere, etc...

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 8/6/2021, 3:51 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback on the matter. @browj2 laid the situation out quite well. If there are more questions, feel free to use our general support platforms and get in contact with the appropriate teams.

Best wishes,
MAGIX Team

browj2 wrote on 8/6/2021, 6:58 AM

@Harvey-Lee

I forgot to mention, if you have questions about how the program works, post them on the forum, and, Magix has several tutorials on the Magix.com site to help you get started in Magix Movie Studio. There is also a Quick Start chapter in the manual that every new user should read.

As for Support, I posted a problem on this forum, no one had a solution, so I raised a ticket on Tuesday by clicking on the Support tab at the top of the forum and following through to the part to open a ticket, and Magix resolved my problem on Thursday. Great Support!

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

CLINT-DANBURY wrote on 9/1/2021, 8:32 AM

Brand new MAGIX Movie Studio 18 Owner/User here.

Bought it.

Downloaded it.

I have just finished installing it on my computer.

I have clicked on at least ten, probably twenty (and perhaps thirty) different links and URLs on these sites...

• Magix.com
  • Magix.info
  • VegasCreativesSoftware.com
  • VegasCreativesSoftware.info

As of this moment, I am unable to find any forum with the title, "Magix Movie Studio 18"

Will someone give me a [Link/URL] ?

(My question assumes that such a forum exists; if false, please let me know)

My current question: Where does the brand new user, i.e., the guy with zero knowledge, go to interact with other users ?

At this moment, it looks like the best thing I can do for myself is start on page 18 of the Magix Movie Studio 18 Manual (i.e., the PDF file that comes with the installation).

Despite all this early first time confusion, my initial impression is that this Movie Studio 18 is going to be really good stuff.

Reyfox wrote on 9/1/2021, 10:15 AM

@CLINT-DANBURY you can start HERE.

Lots of help and direction on how to use and where to go for online tutorials.

It edits the same as Movie Edit Pro, but MS18 has the ability to bring in VMS projects.

CLINT-DANBURY wrote on 9/1/2021, 12:11 PM

@Reyfox

-------

Thank you.

I think this is the secret I've been seeking...

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-post-and-movie-studio-users-please-read-here-first--1229563/

(No clue if I did that URL/Link thing right or not)

Reyfox wrote on 9/1/2021, 12:33 PM

@CLINT-DANBURY the differences between MEP and MS18 AFAIK comes down to bringing in VMS projects. Otherwise, they work exactly the same. That's why I directed you to that forum if you have any questions about the software.

As time progresses, there will be a "merge" of sorts in the naming of the product, since they are essentially the same.

ericlnz wrote on 9/1/2021, 6:27 PM

As time progresses, there will be a "merge" of sorts in the naming of the product, since they are essentially the same

But are they now? MEP is now MEP22 but MS18 is presumably still MEP21?

Reyfox wrote on 9/2/2021, 4:07 AM

@ericlnz I would think that MS18 is MEP21. MEP2021 has the new Infusion Engine 3, while MS18 has Infusion Engine 2.

A lot of "marketing" seems to have been a part of this whole thing, and we know the fallout from it.

It has been said that in the future (when?), outside of Germany(?), MEP will be renamed MS.

secarica wrote on 9/11/2021, 3:50 PM

Not sure I understand why first buy and then ask for a refund, instead of give it a try in trial mode and buy afterwards – if happy with the trial.

Anyway, I did start a trial on 18, merely because I was looking for a better way to change w/ crop a 16:9 to 9:16 video format (1920/1080 => 608/1080), since in MSP17 this is a bit awkward to do. The 18 does the job well in this regard, only it has a wrong and confusing menu: in Effects > Section > 'Specifies the proportion of the picture section.' drop down menu, the 9:16 is marked as "16:9 (portrait)". There is no such thing as "16:9 portrait", this should be clearly marked as 9:16 (even with the added '(portrait)' info).

Other than that, I could not find how to enable (display) a visual audio dBFS meter. Does exists this in 18 ? (just view, not adjust)

Reyfox wrote on 9/12/2021, 5:50 AM

@secarica before I plunk down any money I research first. When I saw an image of the "new" MS18, I knew it wasn't VMS and was MEP. Further investigating confirmed that. It's how it was advertised... as an upgrade for VMS users when it was really a cross grade.

If you need specific questions answered, the best place is the MEP user forum located HERE.

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 9/13/2021, 9:00 AM

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your insights.

Movie Studio 18 is the beginning of a rebranding of Movie Edit Pro and its full merger will happen at a later point. We will keep you posted on this.

@CLINT-DANBURY, welcome on board! For now we recommed you to use the MAGIX.info Forum for getting to know other users. You can use the Movie Edit Pro tags and sections.

Best wishes,
MAGIX Team

Dulgheru-Marian wrote on 9/15/2021, 11:26 PM

Cea mai proasta investitie! Nu merita banii.

Robert-Linsdell wrote on 10/13/2021, 11:18 PM

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback on the matter. @browj2 laid the situation out quite well. If there are more questions, feel free to use our general support platforms and get in contact with the appropriate teams.

Best wishes,
MAGIX Team

I agree @browj2 did do a good job of laying out the situation - unfortunately, I've already been misled by the MAGIX marketing team and purchased the "upgrade" to version 18. How do I go about getting the real previous version (Movie Studio 17) instead of version 18? Thank you. I am terribly disappointed.

emmrecs wrote on 10/14/2021, 3:27 AM

@Robert-Linsdell

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

The only suggestion we can make, I think, is that you email infoservice@magix.net and ask them if you can be given access to the download and a serial key for VMS 17.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam