Wishlist for the next Music Maker!

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 7/28/2021, 9:37 AM

Dear community,

Music Maker 2022 has only turned one month old, but we are already working on new features to continue to provide you with intuitive tools for your own songs!

Therefore we want to know: What features would you like to have in Music Maker?

Comment your ideas in this thread - we look forward to reading them! 😊

Best wishes,
Your MAGIX Team

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/28/2021, 12:58 PM

@MAGIX_Redaktion

• The video monitor is missing in the new version.
  • It is also no longer possible to create your own keyboard shortcuts.
  • Furthermore, some users here have the problem that Music Maker without Internet is only usable to a very limited extent, so it would be desirable if the login is cached for a while so the program works even without Internet.
  • Many bugs still need to be fixed, especially program crashes.
  • Often users have problems with destroyed projects that cannot be opened after a crash or with disappearing MIDI notes after editing MIDI objects and saving and reloading the project.
  • Audio driver setup needs to be simplified. Many beginners don't know where and how and why to configure the Magix Low Latency driver and wonder why they have no sound.
  • The login often does not work after updates and the program cannot be used to its full extent before you clean up the store via the program settings, but the normal user can hardly figure this out.
  • The update process itself needs to be more transparent (what exactly is being installed?), as some users are unaware that an update can cause a major version jump.
  • Various VST3 plugins only show a completely white user interface and are unusable..
Graham-Hawker wrote on 7/29/2021, 9:05 AM

1. You need to add a whole bunch of new Magix instruments. There is currently little reason to upgrade from previous versions as there are almost no instruments I don't have except for a few esoteric things I have no interest in. You need a load more synths and massively improved and updated drum engine and bass machine with many more presets. These sort of instruments look old, tired and limited. It's also time to update the now very old VIta interfaces for all the sample based instruments

2. There are also no features left for me to add. New effects might be added but many are already present numerous times and also covered by available VSTs many of which are free.

3. Yes sort out the audio engine. Every other program I've used such as FL Studio and Mixcraft automatically know what to do with audio settings. It's the most common question on the forum - sound settings, why have I no sound. Other programs are more plug and play.

4. Many people find that Music Maker reverts to the free version. The solution is usually simple and SP, the above poster, answers it about 20 times a week. He shouldn't need to. He really should get a voucher for patience everytime he repeats the answer.

5. There is no need to scan vst plugins on startup. It takes too long. The user needs to do this when they choose (like FL Studio) when they have actually added a new VST instrument or effect.

6. Concentrate on modern ideas rather than 20 year old stuff that is more suited to Ejay in 1990 like Beatbox and also flim flammery marketing stuff like Song Maker. If you want Song Maker market it as a toy program for 5 year olds.

7. Add a decent step sequencer interface.

Renegat13 wrote on 7/29/2021, 11:37 AM

add automations on vst and vsti, test MMM before selling it, poor stability, crash on crash.

browj2 wrote on 8/3/2021, 8:47 AM

@MAGIX_Redaktion

Sorry that we don't have many brilliant ideas, but that is mainly due to the stability problems encountered with the last few versions of Music Maker. So:

1. Ditto what the others said. Fix the bugs.
  2. Fix the video part (importing mxv still causes a crash) - EDIT: Video monitor now works.
  3. Make the program stable - too many crashes have been reported. Wow, I just crashed MMM2022 changing loops.
  4. On the Start up dialogue screen, change the "Join now" to "Log in/Join now" as MMM often starts up with me logged out. "Join now" does not help users who have already joined, are not logged in, and don't know what to do.
  5. Have the program remember the login information - always. After a crash, I have to login by putting in my email address and password.
  6. Not with MMM, but please have the developers put in the Share menu at the top of Video Pro X, just like in Movie Edit Pro so that we can round trip from VPX to MMM. I have asked for this repeatedly.
  7. Several versions ago, I believe, one could add a new version of a song to the Arranger using Song Maker. Now, the first song gets deleted. Have an option to add a song, so long as the BPM is the same.
  8. In all Sound Pools, for various flavours, add loops that can be used as endings. There are many, but too often there are not. Thus, Song Maker often ends poorly.
  9. Mixer - Allow double-clicking of the volume value for user input.

That's all for now.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 8/10/2021, 9:37 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann wrote on 8/3/2021, 12:35 PM

More Songmaker templates (maybe you can sell template collections at producerplanet? or add templates as part of the soundpools?)

Customizable vst menus (maybe similar to how these menus can be customized in soundforge? otherwise on a system with 1000+ vst's it becomes unmanageable)

+1 vote for @browj2's idea about something to improve the song endings in Song Maker

_KI_ wrote on 8/5/2021, 11:19 AM

PLEASE change VST scanning logic so that

(a) it's done automatically only once

(b) not done in very program startup

(c) not constantly run when Music Maker is running

i.e. causes slow startup, and high cpu usage during runtime, causing redundant slow down in whole system and MM itself.

browj2 wrote on 8/10/2021, 9:48 AM

@MAGIX_Redaktion

Hi,

Another idea:

10. Fix up the File Manager to be like that in Movie Edit Pro where we can create links to folders.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Bluesea wrote on 8/20/2021, 4:38 PM

Punch in recording.

peter-thull wrote on 8/23/2021, 4:22 PM

Midi Routing.

browj2 wrote on 8/31/2021, 8:29 PM

Maybe too advanced, but a Take Manager for audio recordings would be nice, similar to Samplitude Pro X.

A Take Composer to go with it would be too much to ask, I presume.

Last changed by browj2 on 8/31/2021, 8:44 PM, changed a total of 3 times.

John C.B.

simon-foster wrote on 9/5/2021, 6:17 AM

That the update is free 😂

browj2 wrote on 9/5/2021, 8:17 AM

@simon-foster

Hi,

Music Maker is free. You can update/upgrade the program by installing the free Version of Music Maker 2022. If you have any previous Editions, like Music Maker Premium Edition 2021, when you log in the first time (and wait a bit), install any downloads in the downloads tab, you will have everything that you had before. You just won't get the new features that are listed under New on the comparison table, unless they are also under the Free Version, like Song Maker.

Thus, unless you want the new features, you don't have to purchase anything to get a new Version of the program.

John CB

John C.B.

browj2 wrote on 9/5/2021, 9:15 AM

Under Project Settings, Information, the HDP filename is shown and the location is the Audio Temp folder, thus one does not know the name of the Soundpool or its actual location on the hard drive. Change this to be the Soundpool location with its name and the actual filename.ogg or .wav.

Add in export list to txt file.

This is important for those who want to know which Soundpools they have used and want to purchase a Commercial License.

John CB

John C.B.

Kurt-Hyllemar wrote on 9/10/2021, 11:41 PM

In the mixer. At the bottom. Make a checkbox under the tracknumber.

Make a group of the tracks that are checked. Group them together for simultaneous actions.

Doesn't really need explanations. When a user checks two or more boxes it's quite obvious that those tracks that have a checkmark is acting together. You move one fader and the others move too.

This is the solution when a third party plugin has very low volume output. In those cases you can't hear what you play and have to lower the volume on the existing tracks. If you have lots of tracks...well you get it.

johnebaker wrote on 9/11/2021, 4:15 AM

@Kurt-Hyllemar, @Magix_Redaktion

Hi

. . . . Make a group of the tracks that are checked. Group them together for simultaneous actions. . . . .

This feature appears to have been removed, or is a bug with the new mixer style.

I did this tutorial, in 2019 using Movie Edit Pro, which also applied to Video Pro X and Music Maker 2020 and earlier versions.

John EB

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

GBS1969 wrote on 9/27/2021, 2:48 AM

Hi there
I would also like to see a option in the arranger where one can move, for example, a track from position 30 to position 10 without having to click "move track up" 20 times and without loosing any adjustments made in position 30.
It has been mentioned several times but being able to double-click to do a volume change in the mixer is essential, trying to adjust the volume setting with a mouse is useless. Also the max volume obtained during playback is no longer indicated.
Finally how about being able to select soundpools/collections as favourites for ease of purchase at a later stage. Working through all the soundpools can be daunting and confusing at times.
Many thanks
Gary

Started using Music Maker Premium: 16 March 2016.
Current up-to-date version: Music Maker Premium, Music Maker 2022 (version 31.0.1.13).
Running Windows 10 Home, x64bit, Intel Core i3-6006U, 2.0GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB internal HDD, Realtek HD Audio (sound, video and game controllers). This laptop is only used to run MMM.

Bluesea wrote on 10/2/2021, 5:53 PM

Punch in recording.

browj2 wrote on 10/3/2021, 7:41 AM

@GBS1969

Hi,

Finally how about being able to select soundpools/collections as favourites for ease of purchase at a later stage. Working through all the soundpools can be daunting and confusing at times.

+1 for that.

John CB

John C.B.

Tristan-Weijermars wrote on 10/9/2021, 3:28 AM

Hello,

Please use some different types of soundpools and instruments. Recently the Oud and Qanun were introduced. Those were great additions. Suggestions for soundpools: Irish folk, Asian music (Indian, Chinese, Japanese => the Hypnotic Vibes are alright but still very western oriented), medieval (European) music. Suggestions for instruments: Bagpipes, lute, hurdy gurdy, sitar, didgeridoo, and an electric guitar that sounds more like a pop guitar than a rock guitar (the Power Guitar is good but mainly for rock and metal). And in general with soundpools: maybe create less drum and bass parts and more melody parts. They are harder to make with instruments so more interesting.

Thank you,

Tristan

browj2 wrote on 10/9/2021, 8:08 AM

@Tristan-Weijermars

Hi,

Please make sure that when a paid version of the program is opened it doesn't open the very limited free version.

There is only 1 version of the program, and it's Free - there is no "paid version." What you mean is Edition, like a Premium Edition which is not free but which unlocks some features in Music Maker (which is free), and gives you some plugins and credits. In order for the program to detect which Edition that you have, you have to log in. Sometimes it can take a while for the program to catch up, so wait a bit. If there is still a problem, go to Program settings, Clean up Store. When the program re-opens, make sure to log in (and wait a bit).

John CB

John C.B.

Tristan-Weijermars wrote on 10/9/2021, 9:32 AM

@browj2

Hello John,

Thank you for your reply. Okay, so I made a language mistake and wrote version instead of edition. potential provocative quote removed by Moderator. I have already cleaned up the store more times than I can remember. It does not fix the problem permanently, and often not even temporarily. Is there anything else I can do? And how can the problem only occur with the Vintage Lead Trumpets and not with any of the other 36 (!) instruments I collected over time?

Regards, Tristan

johnebaker wrote on 10/9/2021, 12:57 PM

@Tristan-Weijermars

Hi

Is the Vintage Lead trumpets from an older version of Music Maker or did you download an install it through MMM 2022?

As to your question (rhetorical?) from Romeo and Juliet, unfortunately it has no relevance to the topic under discussion and could be taken as a provocative statement so has been removed.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

browj2 wrote on 10/9/2021, 1:13 PM

@Tristan-Weijermars

Hi Tristan,

The wording is important here because too many people are confused. They think that there is a separate program for each Edition; there is not. Some of them will uninstall/reinstall because of this. Users need to understand that there is only 1 version of the program; everything else is an add-on, one way or another. Plus and Premium Editions need Music Maker in order to work.

Vintage Lead Trumpets

This is a problem that has been around for quite a while with various instruments and I don't recall or know of a definitive solution. This is the first time that I've seen Rock Drums come up. I tried cleaning up the Store and logging in again. Not resolved. The instrument does not show up on the Downloads list, which probably would help.

Here is the problem:

Selecting a variant from Vintage Lead Trumpets gives you:

1. File not found;
  2. Clicking on Abort gives you a message;
  3. Clicking on "OK" gives you the Rock Drum keyboard with no presets.

Workaround until this is fixed.

As shown below, click on Vintage Lead Trumpets, not on any variant in the right column. The instrument should load correctly. Then you can select the different variants.

John CB

John C.B.

johnebaker wrote on 10/10/2021, 12:08 PM

@Tristan-Weijermars, @browj2

Hi

. . . .

Selecting a variant from Vintage Lead Trumpets gives you:

File not found;

Clicking on Abort gives you a message;

Clicking on "OK" gives you the Rock Drum keyboard with no presets. . . . .

Try clicking Ignore - the file it is trying to load is the sample audio you hear when you play the instrument in the Instruments panel.

I have had this in earlier versions of Music Maker and some instruments - the Abort loading stops the VST loading its presets.

John EB