Wishlist for the next Music Maker!

Comments

TK_ wrote on 1/14/2022, 4:59 AM

Lets say I want to hear track 10 (which is midi and has vst) playing some other sound (patch). When I close the vst, the name of the new patch doesn't update into that field which has the name of the patch (or sample).

At the starting screen there is a button called "Enter serial number". Why? I have already entered mine after first time installation. And when I click the button the title of window is "Enter your serial number or coupon code". So, why not name that button "Enter your serial / coupon code" for example.

Ok, my bass line is ready and I want to use some fx from the drop down menu. I can see the mark only on that menu which has the fx I have chosen, this time for example "Bass / (x) Dynamics: Low compression" ('x' = mark sign). Every time I must remember the sub-menu where the fx is. Why it can't be like this "(x) Bass / (x) Dynamics: Low compression" ? The BeatBox-feature works that way. And the Reset feature on that menu should absolutely have yes/no question window, because undo-button doesn't work for that feature.

Upper left at the main screen is a Pitches-menu. It should also have same type of mark sign which I told about last paragraph. Undo doesn't work here also.

Upper right at the main screen is text "Hi [firstname]". It should be "Hi, [Firstname]!"

I have loaded some samples from the soundpool, but the software doesn't show their waveforms. It shows only "zero signal". Last time this happend to me when I used very long samples, couple of megabytes. The soundpool shows the waveforms ok. All samples are in wav-format.

Under the track number there are two small buttons for changing the vst patch (instrument). These buttons doesn't work very well, for example with Space Pad 64 (and not at all with ORB Synth vst) . With other vst instruments, there are different patch names between this field and the field at the vst when I open it. I would like to get these same type of buttons for changing the fx settings as well. It would be nice to change fast the fx's without opening the menus first.

When solo button is on, why mute-button doesn't work for the same track? I would like to use it also when there are some tracks in solo-mode.

When the track has the name of the patch (most cases it is wrong), why that line can also have the name of the vst what track is using? For example, when I hit that symbol button (in this case symbol of a keyboard), I get a list of my installed vsts, but the name of the vst what I am using should be marked somehow. The name of the vst in bold, perhaps.

The replace-feature (Ctrl+7) only changes samples from the same folder. Why not same type of sample folders between all installed soundpools? I want go backwards also, so please make this possible. For example, using button Shift or Ctrl.

If I press button "set zoom level" (down right corner), the playback area start and end marker zooms, but not the arranger area.

Why I can't use cursour keys to move marked sample / samples into new position. In same track, so it would be nice to use cursor left and right.

When I move midi data from other track to empty track (which I have just made by pressing the + button), the name of the empty track (its sample/patch) will be named "Desktop". Moving midi data to new track won't move the vst and its settings. Because of this, it would be nice to have a command "duplicate track".

Ctrl-V doesn't duplicate the objects many times for some reason. I have use the same command from the drop down menu, then it works ok. Because of this duplicating, I have got today "Encountered an improper argument" error many times.

In one fx menu the name of the fx is "fx:Who needs guitarists today anyway?". I guess the "fx:" should be removed. And the name of the fx is a bit strange. :)

If I want to uninstall a soundpool, I choose the soundpool and press right mouse button. Small menu appears with text "Uninstall selected souldpools". That text should come only when I have selected more than one soundpool, of course. If just one then "Uninstall soundpool". Sometimes I would like to read information about that soundpool. How about a new feature for that same menu? It can be like "Properties..." Then it will open that same text - and picture - which is it at the sound pool store.

I tried the feature called Gater effect, but I got an error message, when I click button Test.I took a screen capture. The message of the error was "cannot allocate ShortPointer for other sample". I can't close that error message window finally, so I must kill the program via Task manager. NOT good. Please fix this msg editor also, uploading file attachment(s) is not working very well (using MS Edge).

Why Help / Music Maker Store / Sign in to Store is still active, although I am logged in & already have an account. Why Help / Music Maker Store / Actived Content window has a close-button which outlook is Windows standard, but buttons at - for example - Help / Music Maker Store / Redeem coupon has totally different outlook. There should be only one style sheet to follow.

When I save my project (by pressing Ctrl-S) it would be nice, if there is some small window during the saving process. At least I can't see it on my screen, if there is already that window.

When I start a new project, there are only four tracks on the screen. It would be better if there's more. I use FullHD-screen, so there can be 9 tracks without having to scroll the screen (at least).

Lets assume I have 20 tracks. I want to play tracks 1,2,3,4,5 in solo mode for a while. I click solo button for five times, but next I want to listen to track 1 in solo only. How about double clicking track 1 solo button only? And then, double clicking again same button if I want to listen tracks 1-5 in solo mode again.

Many times I must click right mouse button and choose Properties... if I want to find out the name of the sample. So please, but that text line one line higher then it is easier to read. Those arrows are small enough, don't make them even smaller. Or how about this? if I move the mouse cursor over the sample, the name will appear on its own window 1-2 seconds later. Like, for example, if I move cursor over the magnifying glass which is located in the lower right corner. Sorry, I don't remember the official name of that element. :)

If I start to download multiple soundpools at the same time, there is no possibility to pause the download. If I have chose to use wav-format, sound pools are quite big.

When I move mouse pointer over the BPM text, I get the help text in german (Desktop' s original language was german, but now english) but when I move mouse pointer over the magnifying class, help text is in english. And all the other help texts seems to be in english.

I got the following error yesterday:

My project has a big wav-file (just one track, only that wav-file). Music Maker shows that its size is 7.5 kByte (should be "kBytes") and Windows 51,3 megabytes. For some reason, that yellow bar is very short (which shows total number of bars) and I can't make it any longer. So I can't add any song parts. I must start my project from the beginning.

I started to import new wav-file. The window "Magix remix agent" didn't open on top of the program window. Tips-part of the window has lots of text. Please split the text into several paragraps. Now it is too hard to read. Like this:

"The Remix Agent is designed to analyze the tempo and beat of the music.

In order to achieve a good result, the start marker should be positioned shortly before the first beats. You should manually correct the start marker if the song's first beats come after a lengthy intro passage which doesn't contain any rhythm instruments (drums, drum loop, bass, ...).

The Remix Agent already attempted to automatically position the start marker properly. If you agree with its suggestion, press "Continue". Otherwise, move the start marker with your mouse to the correct position."

The tip window of Loop finder is divided into paragraps, for example. By the way, very few buttons on that window has help texts.

Ok, now I have insert the long wav-file again and now the yellow marker is long enough. But about inserting song parts. I insert first part, ok, program shows it ok. But when I start to insert second part and I click ok, the program replaces the first button with the second. Where is the first button? But if I have moved the fist button into another place, it doesn't replace it. This feature works way too complicated - or does it work at all? Please make it work closer to Ableton Live.

And by the way, after inserting long wav-file into track one, the track two has now long green line (for volume). I didn't nothing for track two.

The wav-file which I inserted into track one has name "Desktop". The wav-file is located at desktop, but different name. Program takes the name from the path string, but its wrong position.

I was trying to make an eight bar loop. I wanted to make some undos, but the result was this:

Doesn't look like how the situation was when I started.

I noticed a new soundpool. Its description text says that "2,94 GB of keys...", but there also text "279 MB". Which one is ok? This is not the first time when I notice that the soundpool seems to be very small in megabytes.

browj2 wrote on 1/14/2022, 8:57 AM

@gjonny

Hi,

Then go back to Default Layout (F4)

Beatbox Pro tab always appears.
Why does it not go back to the SongMaker tab?  

Because the default layout is just that, the default layout, not the last layout that you had. Showing Song Maker is not part of the default.

Try pressing F6 instead.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

gjonny wrote on 1/16/2022, 3:32 PM

@browj2

>> Try pressing F6 instead.

Yes, that gets me there, thanks.

Unfortunately, the sidebar also goes to the Default Layout width, *not* the width I had set by dragging. This is one of the complaints I have about going F4 (Default Layout) -- the user-set width of the sidebar is not remembered.

If I drag the sidebar width to a convenient width for me, that setting is remembered when I close and re-open the program. So clearly, there is an intention to make use of a user-set value. But honoring that intention doesn't seem to be carried through to other functions (eg: F4, or F6).

John

browj2 wrote on 1/16/2022, 4:11 PM

@gjonny

Hi,

Take a look under View in the top menu. Look at and try out the various combinations.

If you do F2, you get full-screen. If you then do F12, you get the bottom dock, then F11 and you'll get the right dock still at the size that you left it.

Does this help?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

gjonny wrote on 1/17/2022, 3:43 PM

@browj2 Yes, that does, thanks.

But -- picky person that I am -- if F11 can do that, why not F4 (asked rhetorically)?

John

browj2 wrote on 1/17/2022, 5:54 PM

@gjonny

Hi,

if F11 can do that, why not F4 (asked rhetorically)?

Because F4 is the one that resets everything to default, not a different layout.

John CB

John C.B.

gjonny wrote on 1/18/2022, 5:10 PM

@browj2

I'm relatively new to MusicMaker.  There're many aspects I haven't looked at, let alone touched.  My focus has been with SongMaker, and with manually selecting/placing loops from Soundpools into tracks, and listening to the results. In my newbie innocence, the F2 and [F4 or F6] keys are perfect for flipping views.  F11 and F12 are a roundabout way of changing the layout, and (again, as a newbie) are a nuisance to use.

When I think "Default Layout", I think of the visible/visual placement of items on the screen, and returning them to a "default" position.  I don't include an absolute fixed sizing in that picture.  But that picture comes from my usage.  It seems to me that if the docking becomes so badly discombobulated that that it needs a drastic fix, then (as others have commented) there's always the possibility to delete the ini file, in order to start fresh. 

Having said that, I see another possible solution... offer a key that would call a custom "Default Layout", which includes user-configurable item position and size.  Maybe even multiple keys for multiple layouts? There would need to be a "Save Layout" button in the ProgramSettings window.   

Remember, this discussion is taking place in the Wishlist thread.  I've been speaking/writing to what I wish for, for the Music Maker program.

John

David-Barselow wrote on 1/21/2022, 7:54 PM

1: Multiple skins with a color picker so that the user can create custom colors for the UI

2: Better use of system memory (my system use's memory like 90+ CPU usage)

3: More control over objects on the arranger

4: Easier way to open sound forge for mastering on the fly

5: Giving the Help button a purpose at this time my help buttons do not work

6: Allow for synth presets to be selected in track headers while in Song Maker AI mode

7: Stop the visual jittering of the UI in the arranger while scrolling it is very annoying and it takes away from focus while working

8: I want to see combining 2 projects at the same time that would make for a kick ass! feature, cutting back on many clicks if you know what I mean

David-Barselow wrote on 1/21/2022, 10:03 PM

1: Devise a easy! way to allow custom soundpools to be created and implemented in the program and Song Maker AI also

johnebaker wrote on 1/22/2022, 4:28 PM

@David-Barselow

Hi

. . . . Better use of system memory (my system use's memory like 90+ CPU usage) . . . . Stop the visual jittering of the UI in the arranger while scrolling it is very annoying and it takes away from focus while working . . . .

For these items please start a new topic and give your full computer specification - see here for what is required and please quote processor and graphics card/chipsets make/model in full.

From the partial spec you provided in a previous topic the above items may be a hardware issue specific to you.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

David-Barselow wrote on 1/31/2022, 3:54 PM

I am good with requirements concerning your request, If I had to guess it is a simple smooth scroll properties options of the QT software just my guess! Oh P.S. I seen your specs for your machine and man don't you have quite the system do you do any gaming with what you got there?

TK_ wrote on 3/1/2022, 5:00 AM

It would be interesting to know when the next update will be published. Or is there coming even new software version?

johnebaker wrote on 3/2/2022, 4:22 AM

@David-Barselow

. . . . I seen your specs for your machine and man don't you have quite the system do you do any gaming with what you got there . . . .

No gaming, just 4K UHD video editing, animations using Blender and producing music for the videos.

The description of what you are seeing with the interface is typical of a project which contains a large number of tracks using a proportionally high number of Instruments.

You could try doubling the buffer sizes in the program settings to see if this helps.

John EB

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

David-Barselow wrote on 3/2/2022, 8:30 AM

I'll give it a try can't hurt right!

Dbarselow

UM21 wrote on 4/9/2022, 2:42 PM

I am quite late, but I give a shot, regardless of how redundant/necessary:

Silver/Copper Synth VST-plugin support from older era, with brand new support with new features. No need to say more.

It is indirectly related for MMM, but still related. That thing must be brought back, especially Silver. As for year of 2022, options would be much much bigger now. Cheers!

browj2 wrote on 4/9/2022, 2:59 PM

@UM21

I'll bite. What are Silver/Copper Synth VST-plugins?

John CB

John C.B.

johnebaker wrote on 4/9/2022, 4:01 PM

@browj2, @UM21

Hi

The Silver and Copper synths are very old, pre Music Maker MX IIRC, Synths which were virtual analog step sequencers along the line of the DSK TechSynth Pro which I have had for many years.

I should add that it does not work in MMM 2022.

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/9/2022, 4:14 PM, changed a total of 3 times.

UM21 wrote on 4/18/2022, 6:00 AM

Understandable. It was just which affected me the most. Then I had nearly 9 year period of all kinds of things and challenges to face before I could compose some stuff again. Times have changed.... sigh...

...oh well, if there is a will, there is a way of it. Have to create something similar sounding.

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/19/2022, 1:54 AM

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for all your feature wishes. It's great to see all your ideas - especially since this thread has been open for quite some time.

Our developer team keeps a close eye on this thread. 😉

Best wishes,
MAGIX Team

gjonny wrote on 4/30/2022, 4:26 PM

MM2022 Premium, v30.x.x.44 (maybe it's changed in x.47?)

REVERSING a loop. . . The Help file says "Reverse", the popup menu uses "Rewind", which is a bit confusing and misleading (the words "Reverse" and "Rewind" have different meanings).

Graham-Hawker wrote on 5/28/2022, 8:44 AM

After finally working with MM2022 I'd like to see something worth buying. I'm using the free edition with features from the MM2019 Premium Edition. I saw a really cheap offer but even then there's nothing worth paying for. I already have most of the features included and really don't need a few more effects. the only really new stuff is Song Maker AI (toy) and Beatbox Pro which is not pro but laughable compared to the older beatbox. Besides those it's just the same old same old. You don't even get the option for adding a good number of instruments in the Premium Edition. I can now see that it really is a proper step sequencer to replace beatbox that is needed and a a whole lot of new synth voices for the Vita based synths.

Extreme_One wrote on 5/30/2022, 3:44 AM

I want to be able to combine projects.

I need better automation so I can work with any Effect, not just the few available.

The High Pass and Low Pass filters need to be reworked: even with 0 filtering applied using an automation Curve there is still audible filtering applied. It's simply broken as it is right now.

jameshansford wrote on 6/2/2022, 2:49 PM

1. 24 bit rate export ability / exported stems only being available in 16 bit is not great for mixing or mastering when 24bit is the preferred.

2. External VST automation capabilities (filters, reverbs, delays etc) on separate tracks.

HSUNHUICHEN wrote on 10/24/2022, 12:55 AM

在 Music Maker Premium,輸出音樂的格式可以到24bit / 96kHz,我認為那真的重要。希望您們可以,謝謝您們。