Comments

jar240 wrote on 4/5/2023, 9:29 AM

When will Sound Forge support High-DPI [scaled] displays? This is a must in 2020 let alone 2023 (not supported in v17 either).

paulfey1 wrote on 4/18/2023, 9:43 PM

I have Soundforge pro suite 16.

The specs say it has midi controller.

I would like to find a desktop controller for the program.

A} Does anyone make a controller that will work on it?

B} Does Midi Controller in the specs refer to using a desktop Midi controller ?

C} If so, any idea who makes one? Especially if it's for Soundforge.

i1abnrk wrote on 4/29/2023, 6:19 PM

I would like to use use Sound Forge as a VST plug in for OBS to filter my live stream audio. OBS sidechain filter>VST2 plugin should be a way in. Getting a realtime output from an input stream is something Sourceforge doesn't offer AFAICT

noisywan wrote on 5/24/2023, 6:11 AM

During Vocal Activity Detection, `Cancel` button does not work and you need to wait.

v16.1.4 b71

Sjoerd-W wrote on 5/30/2023, 6:06 AM

What I'm (still) really missing in Sound Forge is the possibility create shortcuts for (VST) Plugins. I'm doing a lot of audio restauration work in SF and often I need to open a plugin to process very short pieces of audio, continue to the next part, etc. It often feels like it takes more time to open the pulldown menu and select the plugin, then I am actually working on the audio itself...

If anyone knows an alternative way to easy open VST plugins (I think I have 8-10 favourites), or make a list of favourite VST's, which I can access directly from the main screen in one click, please let me know.

rraud wrote on 5/30/2023, 10:45 AM

Hi @Sjoerd-W, You can add plug-ins to the "Fx Plug-ins Favorites" Go to the 'View> Plug-in Manager', select the plug-in(s) you want and drag them to the 'Favorites' folder.. or right-click the plug-in and select; "Add to Fx Favorites". You can also save a plug-ins parameters as a preset and/or multiple plug-ins in the plug-in chainer, both of which you are probably already aware of.
In SF Pro, it is also possible to create and run a 'Script' to add Fx to the timeline.

FWIW, in SF-16, the deep-thinkers at Magix removed the 'Organize' command from the 'Fx Favorites' menu and created the new 'Plug-in Manager' menu item. They also changed the main Fx menu name from "Fx Favorites" to "Fx Plug-ins".

xman_charl wrote on 5/30/2023, 11:31 PM

my vst folder....

ngoduy-t wrote on 6/30/2023, 6:17 AM

hi,i need help .my Sound forge 16 can not open 32 bit rate

The file D:\30-06 LIVE DOAN 1\3.CON RONG VIET NAM - MASTER 2022.wav could not be opened.  The file contains an unsupported sample format (32-bit integer).
please help me how to fix it,thanks so much

rraud wrote on 6/30/2023, 11:44 AM

Can you post the Media Info. Most use the MediaInfo utility which lists the pertinent factors. For instance:
Audio
ID   : 2
Format  : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Duration : 58 min 3 s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 128 kb/s
Channel(s)  : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate  : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 53.2 MiB (21%)
Encoded date: UTC 2016-04-14 19:45:31
Tagged date  : UTC 2016-04-14 19:45:31

If you can, post the file on a cloud drive, for instance, DropBox, GoogleDrive, OneDrive, Mega, 4Shared, ect. WeTransfer is a good temporary option for sharing a file.

Kent-Dugan wrote on 8/6/2023, 3:29 PM

I upgraded from SF Audio Studio 10 to vers. 16. Now vinyl recording and restoration is broken. Only saves the file occasionally. Mostly, it won't save at all.

Lost the vocal eraser and Izotrope also, and cannot find them only web sites.

I had to reinstall vers. 10 to save my LPs. Now it asks me to upgrade to vers. 17 also. Why would I do that? Already paid money to upgrade to 16, and it broke what I needed most. Sorry, but bugs are frustrating. No one wants to admit to bugs, but everyone has them. Is this being worked on? Do I get my money back? Is anyone talking?

SP. wrote on 8/6/2023, 4:04 PM

@Kent-Dugan I believe the old effects from version 10 were 32 bit DirectX effects and are no longer included. IZotope doesn't any longer make DirectX plugins.

If you have problems saving make sure you don't use compressed audio formats but PCM WAV files.

Kent-Dugan wrote on 8/6/2023, 4:25 PM

I can save as wav or mp3 in v. 10. (Haven't tried them all, but never had an issue saving any files in vers. 10)I Tried saving as wav and mp3 in V. 16, but the problem is, if you hit pause, you can't save the file. If you move a marker, it won't save. And if you touch anything at all, it won't save. If you change the path, it won't save. And if I have to use only one format, them it's broken, for sure. Is anyone working on it?

SP. wrote on 8/7/2023, 1:21 AM

@Kent-Dugan Have you tried to reset the program settings under the File menu in version 16?

I can't recall that someone here in this forum had similar problems like you encountered. Version 16 won't get any further updates so we need to solve these another way.

rraud wrote on 8/7/2023, 10:56 AM

I upgraded from SF Audio Studio 10 to vers. 16. Now vinyl recording and restoration is broken

Hi @kent-williams, If the iZotope plug-ins from Sound Forge 10 are Direct X, they will not work in 64 bit versions of Sound Forge... However, there is a work around... you can install the x86 version of SFAS-16 and use that for the iZotope DX plugs-ins.
For instance, I have both the 64 and 32 bit version of SF Pro 16 installed so I can use the Direct X iZotope Mastering Suite that was included with Sound Forge Pro 10.
Both the 64 and 32 bit versions of Sound Forge can be installed on the same PC without issue. They share many of the settings and the 32 bit version does not count as as additional activation.

Unfortunately the 64 bit plug-ins with not be avaible in the 32 bit version.

Mark-Z wrote on 8/21/2023, 5:09 PM

I just purchased Sound Forge 16 pro and when I zoom in and out on a beat the curser moves position which makes it impossible to cut/edit files. Is this some sort of bug? It happens on both my computers (Desktop and laptop). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Yes I have this exact problem. Sound Forge 10 does not have this problem so I use version 10 ... version 16 is unusable because of this.

rraud wrote on 8/21/2023, 5:56 PM

In the 'Options> Snapping' menu, disable all but 'Zero crossings'... or disable Snapping all together,. Disabling Zero crossings may cause a snap or bump noise at edit points.,

Mark-Z wrote on 8/22/2023, 9:22 AM

In the 'Options> Snapping' menu, disable all but 'Zero crossings'... or disable Snapping all together,. Disabling Zero crossings may cause a snap or bump noise at edit points.,

I think it was "always proxy compressed formats" setting - when I turned that on it appears to be better.

craig-d wrote on 8/23/2023, 3:34 AM

hi @Mark-Z, yes, it could be that as well...i've noticed that without that setting on some systems it can make it difficult to snap accurately to specific points.

j-Drinda wrote on 9/27/2023, 10:48 AM

SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 12.6

I think this version of SF does not allow separate channel recordings. I like to enter an Mp3 file in one (L or R) channel and then record my voice to it on the other channel. I was asked for a separate voice recording; i.e. not a recording in which music and voice are mixed in one recording. I think my SF is useless. I shouldn't have wasted my money on it. I was told Audacity can do it...

emmrecs wrote on 9/27/2023, 2:05 PM

@j-Drinda

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Unfortunately, your first post , asking about Sound Forge Audio Studio 12.6, has been made to a thread asking for feedback on Sound Forge Pro 16. Thus your post has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. Please do not hijack threads in this manner.

However, ALL editions of Sound Forge (Audio Studio and Pro) have never been multitrack apps (where one track can be recorded and then other tracks be added, in parallel, so that when played back ALL the tracks are heard together). They are multichannel apps but not multitrack.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam